Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Toilet leak Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fatal

Tried tightening the wing nut but it wouldnt help? Can anyone give me some help on how to fix this?

i59.tinypic.com/2yo2zqw.jpg

It doesnt let me upload the pic on here for some reason

2yo2zqw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome along is it a continual drip or just when flushed?

If its leaking between the wc and cistern as you say you tried tightning the wing nut . The chances are that the cistern will have to be removed and a new close coupled kit fitted ( which consists of doughnut washer, bolts n wingnuts and flat plate) . I havent managed to look at your pic as on my phone so not sure where leak is at...

Agree with Kris. Isolate the water to the cistern. Undo the wing nuts and remove the cistern. Check if large donut washer has perished. To do a belt and braces job I would also renew the wingnut/bolt/washer assembly too. Can probably get all these bits for about a tenner

Thats for the reply guys! Its a continual drip and it seems like its leaking from there.

So I just got to undo the the wig nut, and then the cistern would be removed. and then replace it with the WC Close Coupling Kit?

Should solve it. Ensure you isolate water first and then flush the loo so that you're dealing with minimal water in the cistern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet leak Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock