Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet leak Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fatal

Tried tightening the wing nut but it wouldnt help? Can anyone give me some help on how to fix this?

i59.tinypic.com/2yo2zqw.jpg

It doesnt let me upload the pic on here for some reason

2yo2zqw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome along is it a continual drip or just when flushed?

If its leaking between the wc and cistern as you say you tried tightning the wing nut . The chances are that the cistern will have to be removed and a new close coupled kit fitted ( which consists of doughnut washer, bolts n wingnuts and flat plate) . I havent managed to look at your pic as on my phone so not sure where leak is at...

Agree with Kris. Isolate the water to the cistern. Undo the wing nuts and remove the cistern. Check if large donut washer has perished. To do a belt and braces job I would also renew the wingnut/bolt/washer assembly too. Can probably get all these bits for about a tenner

Thats for the reply guys! Its a continual drip and it seems like its leaking from there.

So I just got to undo the the wig nut, and then the cistern would be removed. and then replace it with the WC Close Coupling Kit?

Should solve it. Ensure you isolate water first and then flush the loo so that you're dealing with minimal water in the cistern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet leak Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there. I have a Cersanit close coupled toilet which as started leaking between the cistern and the bowl when flushed. I've taken the cistern off and this is what I see. I'm assuming the issue is with the silicon gasket (please see attached photos) but can't seem to find a replacement...
Replies
Views
Rad is leaking from TRV valve, seems to be seeping out of where the pin comes up. I tried tightening up the nut below the pin, but that didn't help. I then looked online and saw that removing the nut and packing with some plumbers tape may help, but whenever I try to remove the nut a load of...
Replies
Views
Suddenly my downstairs toilet stopped filling this week, I suspected a blockage in the filter or cistern itself, however after removal of everything it appears that there is no water coming in, its mains fed and no sign of leak anywhere , we have checked the isolation valve and its not faulty...
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our property, and the property itself. The water company fitted a new (smart) meter about 4 weeks ago. Now they have contacted us saying we have a leak...
Replies
Views
Hi all Relatively inexperienced homeowner here. Apologies in advance if I get any terminology wrong. Today I noticed some limescale accumulation on/around the grout between the floor tiles next to my toilet. I realised that the grout line right next to the toilet was in fact wet to the touch...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock