Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet and Water Supply Pipe Sweating? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

I have had this toilet for the past few years but noticing this year, that the water supply pipe is wet to touch and droplets are being formed. I initially suspected a leak however the whole base bottom of the cistern appears to be sweating which leads me to think it might be condensation instead of a leak.

Its making quite a mess of the flooring around the toilet - any idea on what could be done to solve. Its a very small WC, with a radiator and no extractor. Will turning the radiator temperature in WC down or off perhaps help?

Attached some pictures of the WC and issue.

Thanks!

Attachments

• PXL_20230108_204416140.jpg
    PXL_20230108_204416140.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20230108_204256068.jpg
    PXL_20230108_204256068.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20230108_204314648.jpg
    PXL_20230108_204314648.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 10
The opposite!

Condensation forms on cold surfaces, so if you can get the room warmer there will be less of a problem.

If this is a new problem then it could well be caused by a faulty inlet valve. If this does not shut off properly then new, cold, water is constantly being introduced to the cistern - this lowers its temperature and therefore more condensation will form on it.
If it shuts off correctly, then the water in the cistern will gradually warm up to room temperature- and less condensation occurs.

First port of call, check the inlet valve.

If @Ben-gee's suggestion isn't the cause then you need to figure out where the water causing the humidity is coming from. If you don't have a shower or bath in the same room, then a leak or penetrating damp would be next on my list of possibilities.

Reply to Toilet and Water Supply Pipe Sweating? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Suddenly my downstairs toilet stopped filling this week, I suspected a blockage in the filter or cistern itself, however after removal of everything it appears that there is no water coming in, its mains fed and no sign of leak anywhere , we have checked the isolation valve and its not faulty...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Recently all the water tanks in the attic were disconnected to connect to the mains water supply (mine was already on mains but the other 5 flats in the building needed to be connected to mains water) and the company were also going to fit PRV's and isolation valves to the pipework...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
I wonder if anyone is able to help with advice on this. We have fitted a new toilet and 6 litre cistern .. it flushes .. but not as efficiently as it should in my view. It usually needs at least 2 flushes to even shift just toilet paper. It hasn’t been used for anything other than that. It’s a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock