Discuss TMVs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmv2 or tmv3 for basins in primary school?
hot gravity cold mains will I need to fit a prv on cold?

TMV 3 for schools and other public buildings, check with the manufacture to see weather you need to fit a PRV on the cold main it will depend o the pressure difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
depends on pressure (hot pressure) you will need to test this to make sure the valve will work, as sometimes the pressure is not enough and you only have a dribble through the tap, once installed

We're told we have to fit TMV3 but altec now come labelled TMV2/3.
Go figure...

Choose a TMV where filter comes before non return valve, otherwise crud stopped by filter can hold open NRV. Should this happen, with cold main and hot NRV open, overflow on CWS to DHW will be discharging hot water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TMVs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I was hoping to get some advice. I live in a three floor house with a gravity fed cold water system for all of the bathrooms. The tank is in...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Customer wants an outside tap for dog washing so needs to be blended. The hot water is gravity and its a bungalow so little head at the point of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am in need of an experienced plumber for the following jobs: bathroom: Remove exisiting toilet. Fix new toilet. Fix new wash basin and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Gas combi Boiler Mains fed in all taps and shower How do I balance the water pressure in all faucets in my flat. Every tap/water...
Replies
Views
Back