Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Tile grout removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Afternoon Friends

i need to remove some tile grout for a chap.

Last job I did I used a grout rake as it was a small area. This is quite a lot and wanted to know about the electric grout removers for about £20?
Anyone used them?

I can't afford a Bosch it dremmell at the mo as things are quieter than quiet !

Thanks all

Rocket

One of the worse jobs out there. I use my fein, does a half decent job but everything I've used has caused some damage.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm worried about but I have told the custard there's no 100% guarantees.

Fein with the diamond blade ( the one with the flat to get to the edge and in corners ). Use masking tape to protect the tile edges and take your time. I have the same job in the morning !

Fein with the diamond blade ( the one with the flat to get to the edge and in corners ). Use masking tape to protect the tile edges and take your time. I have the same job in the morning !

Snap.
Hate it but needs must and all that

How about the local hire shop?

Wouldn't they do something of use?

Or a mate who has a multi-tool?

The Bosch multi tool is what I use - about £60 plus £15 for the right attachment

I got the cel one. Very reasonably priced but i really need a spare battery

Is the cel stuff any good?
I think the workshop idea is a great one, able to use a drill press for tiling

The multi tool seems to be. Good construction on it. Very robust. Not had it lon g but so far has saved labour time on lots of fiddly little bits.
When cutting wood etc its great but battery doesn't last to long. Its a fast charge though so a spare should sort that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tile grout removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have water coming through the grouting between the bathroom tiles and the floor tiles. It flows at about 1 cupful every 2 hours. It is a...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, I have an issue with our shower's hot water. The shower is operated using two separate taps for cold and hot water. When the hot water tap...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for some advice with regards to our new wet room shower, we have noticed a leak in the ceiling directly below the shower. We have...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock