Discuss Tap Problem..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rob_in_notts

Ok so I've finally got here after after a slight technical hitch with my comp! graphics card gave up luckily I call myself a IT technician so it was'nt to painful:)

Anyway back on topic my mixer tap in the kitchen is quite old, the hot side is working fine but the cold and gradually got worse and by that I mean water doesn't come out when you turn the tap well it does trickly a little if i keep turning it on and off. Now I went to Homebase to see if I could see somthing that looks like the part that I uncovered (pic below)no luck really. So what I need to know is can the tap be fixed by replacing the sticky outy bit? I'm sure its got a name! Where is the best place to get one from and do they come in different sizes? does it just unscrew from the housing and a new one fits in or is there more to it?

Sorry for all the "I don't really know what I'm talking about tap questions" I would be grateful for some help. thanks in advance

IMG_0087.jpgIMG_0088.jpgIMG_0089.JPG

Rob

you might get away with tap converters if they fit,pop into any plumbers merchants and ask for 1/2 inch tap convertors choice of metal or acrylic heads

Yeah as gas man says them reviver's should fit your tap no probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tap Problem..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock