Discuss T4TS Course..If your on it get in touch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

whitenoise

Hi Everyone IM Whitenoise!

Im on the T4TS course.

I started a few months ago and now I've managed to get to Mod 10, I'm really enjoying the course struggling a tiny bit with all the reading lol I'm sure I recall the salesman telling me its reading as well as hands on! but so far no hands on just computer based scenarios which aint too bad but having a go at the real thing would be more ideal but Hey ho slowly slowly catchie monkey, I'll just follow how the coutrse is laid out and see if it works, Obvioulsy I'm really hoping to pass the course in time, I'm taking my time but I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on very soon I keep wanting to pop to B&Q to get some pipes and play around, I was hoping to meet anyone else who is also on the course! see how your getting on and maybe just have a general chat about the grand world of plumbing lolol.

If you read this but dont get in touch hope all goes well and you pass your course are successful.

Regards

Whitenoise

Last edited by a moderator:
Does nobody signing up for these courses ever bother to find out or research exactly what you are getting for your money before parting with it?

I tried it and got no luck, I ended up with information on dodgy products, holidays and everything else, but not T4TS or any other training provider.

Now i don't know much about these different certificates as things have changed a lot since i did mine and even when i employ an apprentice they just go to collage and get their SVQ and a JIB card.
But
It took less than a minute to find these

Plumbing Course - Train to be a Plumber with Train4TradeSkills
Bottom line of 2nd last paragraph.

[DLMURL="http://www.cityandguilds.com/48182.html#"]Certificate in Plumbing | Plumbing | City & Guilds |[/DLMURL]
Click on "Your questions"
Then "which level is right for me"
Then if you are thinking of spending a lot of money on this read through the Key Document at the bottom.

"You can be confident your qualification is well respected within your industry."
Don't believe that bit.

Hi i need help for the senario 1 . complete cold water system

The idea is that you complete the scenario by trial and error; lets think about this in the loft we have 4 items
1. Expansion tank float valve
2. Float valve isolation valve
3. C.W.S.T float valve
4. C.W.S.T float isolation valve
COMPLETE
Next Family Bathroom 6 items
1. Bath cold tap
2. Bath cold tap isolation valve
3. Basin cold tap
4. Basin tap isolation valve
5. Toilet cistern float valve
6. Toilet float isolation valve
COMPLETE
Cloak Room 4 items
1. Basin cold tap
2. Basin cold tap isolation valve
3. Toilet cistern float valve
4. Toilet float isolation valve
COMPLETE
Kitchen
1. Sink cold tap 5items
2. Sink cold tap isolation valve
3. Washing machine cold valve (blue)
4. Main stopcock
5. Drain cock

COMPLETE
So all you have to do is click on an item above and click inspect that's it
Well I trust this helps you complete the scenario, if it does you will get a congratulations message, at this screen you will see a completion code, note this code and enter it on this site to receive the code for the next scenario
Good Luck

hi im on the course on the cenario for soundness testing at mo cant seem to find where the pressure test is and where it goes any ideas?
or am i just being stupid and not looking properly(thought i looked every where lol)

cheers chris

hi im on the course on the cenario for soundness testing at mo cant seem to find where the pressure test is and where it goes any ideas?
or am i just being stupid and not looking properly(thought i looked every where lol)

cheers chris
First you should have completed setting and checking temperatures of all hot water taps.
Now for the hot water system check, so we need too now click on and click inspect 18 separate items, you have been told 2 in loft, have a think it. What 2 items are part of your domestic Hot water system?
ANSWER
The float valve and isolation valve for the cold-water storage cistern, (this feeds the hot water cylinder)
FAMILY BATHROOM
So we have 4, 2 x hot taps and 2 x hot tap isolation valves.
AIRING CUPBOARD
We have 5 items in this compartment, remember we are doing the domestic hot system not the boiler/heating system so gate valve, immersion heater, 3 port valve, cylinder stat and cylinder drain cock.
CLOAKROOM
We only have 2 in this room 1 x hot tap, 1 x hot tap isolation valve,
KITCHEN
Here we have the last 5, instant water heater and it's isolation valve, hot tap and it's isolation valve and the last item washing machine valve.
So now the task is complete.
END SCENARIO

i emailed the tutor's and this is what i got.
stu

Hi Whitenoise, I started my plumbing course 11 Months ago just completed assignment for module 9, I was struggling a little with making notes, I know that the best thing to do is make keypoint notes in the learning log, only thing is that the difficulty I am having is working out what will be important information for the exam. Since you must have complete the course by now please let me know what I can expect at the training and assessment centre also when you were revising for your exams, did you get any revision note handouts from the training and assessment centre. I hope I hear from you soon.

Kams.

Just finished 32 modules/ water regs/ Part L and 6 weeks of practicals - so all finished - just waiting for portfolio to be IV'd and has to go back to where i did my weeks so bit of a pain.

Views - practicals done with ATL good

Books ok but had to buy extra to make the exams easier, recommend the Learn a trade cd

T4TS not bad but didnt really do much once they had my signiture

If more questions need to be answered then pm me and will try to answer them

So whats next

Just finished 32 modules/ water regs/ Part L and 6 weeks of practicals - so all finished - just waiting for portfolio to be IV'd and has to go back to where i did my weeks so bit of a pain.

Views - practicals done with ATL good

Books ok but had to buy extra to make the exams easier, recommend the Learn a trade cd

T4TS not bad but didnt really do much once they had my signiture

If more questions need to be answered then pm me and will try to answer them

So whats next

Hi Jamie

I am nearing completion of part 1 but am finding it a little difficult because although the T4TS books are good and have lots of activities and progress checks to measure knowledge they dont point out out whats going to appear in the exam and what we need to know so when making notes its difficult to make them key pointers to revise when go back through the modules to revise I have been reading and working through activities and progress checks but I know that more needs to be done if I want to get through part 1 of the course please let me know what you did when you were preparing for part 1's exam.

Kams82

When you say part 1 what exactly do you mean - is it partical session 1 or module 1 - I personnally found the Learn a trade cd particulary good but it is £15, also had the smart screen online assessment which you can get the details from a tutor at ATL on and also used the Heimen Revision book from amazon for £14 as this is small amounts of detail on each exam but tells you exactly what you need to know. If you need any further links or advice contact me and I will send them to you - Good Luck.

Jamie

Hi jamie

Sorry about missing that bit of detail, I have almost finished part 1 in relation to the modules I have just recently submitted my assignment for module 9, and am waiting for the code to get on to module 10. As I was saying in my previous post the T4TS books although good dont point out in a clear manner what exactly needs to be known for the exams. Also if the Heinemann Revision Guide has what I am look for I will get it with hopes that It will help me to make good notes for the exam. Please let me know where I can get ahold of the Learn a trade CD, I suppose smart screen assessment will only be given to me when I get to ATL's training centre. I have already asked a tutor at T4TS for what is covered in the exam hopefully what they provided will assist me in preparing for the exam.

Kams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to T4TS Course..If your on it get in touch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Replies
Views
danwill
D
A
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
A