Discuss Stripping insulation from scrap cylinders - how do you do it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Any tips? Some of the older ones come off nicely but the newer ones are a bar steward. I just bought a 'survival' type wire saw off Fleabay to see if that works.....anyone any tips?

I got a good 1 put cylinder in back of van drive to scrap merchants remove cylinder from van, watch scrap man strip cylinder and tidy up all the scale and foam

Leave a bit of pipe sticking out. Speedfit blank on one and wet vac on the other. Cylinder implodes and insulation falls off. Or run it over.

That toms tips lad of YouTube uses a spade. Don't look like too much hard work

Thats a good idea except as I said, the new ones - they are glued on so dont come off as easily - Ill try it tho. :)

Is it worth stripping the lagging off? I got 45 sheets for a 900 x 450 other day scale and all!

Set fire to the cylinder in a safe area outside. Job done.

Put it at the end of a narrow alley, Pour petrol all over it, run to the other end of the alley, find a cat, pour petrol on that, set alight to it and chase it towards the cylinder... Whoosh

Works every time.

Put it at the end of a narrow alley, Pour petrol all over it, run to the other end of the alley, find a cat, pour petrol on that, set alight to it and chase it towards the cylinder... Whoosh

Works every time.

Jokin aint you round our way the gypos would steal it while it was on fire ! And the cat !

Jokin aint you round our way the gypos would steal it while it was on fire ! And the cat !

Your area sounds messed up.

Your area sounds messed up.

Nah just the gypos work quick ! At my rugby club the booted in the outhouse door put an axe into the bottom of 4 300l cylinders and ripped them out ! Only to realise they can only fit 2 in the van !

Just dangle the cylinder infront of the gypos and they will eat the insulation off it like piranhas at a bit of meat!!

Get a gypo ! They will prob be able to climb inside through the vent hole and strip the copper from the inside !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stripping insulation from scrap cylinders - how do you do it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a really remote part of the Highlands, so paying for a plumber (or electrician?) to do this will be brutally expensive, so I need to...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
Sorry for asking a silly question but does anyone know how this seat comes off ? Have had advice from local plumber but even he couldn't see how...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Back