Search the forum,

Discuss Stripped packing nut in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sallan

Hi -

Looking for some advice, I am trying to replace a washer in a faucet to fix a drip, and the outside of the packing nut has been stripped pretty badly. Any suggestions?

I have tried a pair of Channel Lock pliers, but that seems to be making it worse! Should I just replace the whole lot?

Many thanks in advance ~

You do'nt have to undo the gland packing nut to replace tap washer,you remove the complete tap head from its body

I may have used the wrong term, sorry, clearly a noob.

I am replacing the washer on a tap. I can access the washer on the other tap just fine (by removing the assembly using the packing nut).

Suffice it to say, I am looking for advice on dealing with a stripped nut...

I am Canadian actually. Your foreigner sensors are quite acute, but need a slight adjustment. I hear this is a common problem for you Welsh people. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stripped packing nut in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a kitchen mixer tap unit with older washer type inserts which has a dripping cold side. I have a pair of replacement ceramic inserts to...
Replies
Views
Hi, my tap is dripping. It’s not constant. Sometimes if I try that extra tighten it stops but most of time slowly dripping It’s dripping from the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock