Search the forum,

Discuss Solvent weld glue feels fantastic in a cut doesn't it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
bit like la-co then,solvent weld is not nice on your hands

I did all the solvent waste soil, then solvent waste 2nd fix shower wastes etc in confined rooms in Doughtys Mill apartment building Lincoln for 4 months solid, i was as high as a Kite.

I love going into my waste and solvent weld pipe box ...

Quite happy with oil, flux, human waste and so on but silicone's the stuff I hate most on my skin.

I love going into my waste and solvent weld pipe box ...

Quite happy with oil, flux, human waste and so on but silicone's the stuff I hate most on my skin.

get babys wet wipes with citric acid takes silicone off no effort

Expandable foam on skin/hair is the hardest thing to remove in the world.

agreed, expanding foam is terrible stuff once on your hands it is a nightmare to remove!

When you get Kingspans glycol on your hands it makes your hands feel like they have been stuck in water for the past year!

Don't know why the thought occurred to me but expanded foam must be quite lethal squirted up an exhaust pipe ...

Now what car does Tony Blair drive?

Blair once had the same car has me a rover 75 but he had the mega bucks limo version i expect hes got something newer now LOL i agree on the filla foam bugger to get off

Denso tape, get the crap from that on your hands and you know about it. I use gloves with that stuff everytime. Everything else I say bring it on!

Those builders wipes are pretty amazing. I always have a tub in the van. Cleans silicon a treat, and even wet expanding foam will come off with em.

Solvent weld is a different story, a soak in the bath tends to be the answer, that or managing to not get it over your mitts....which can be tricky when you want to wipe away the excess and dont want to use your T-shirt!

The cans used to be steel so when it came near the end you could flatten the can to get the brush to reach the bottom. Since they now come in plastic cans i find myself sticking my finger in to scrape out the dregs. Gives me something to do a night picking it off.
Best way to get expanding foam off your hands is sandpaper or rough concrete

Just kidding :p

I did all the solvent waste soil, then solvent waste 2nd fix shower wastes etc in confined rooms in Doughtys Mill apartment building Lincoln for 4 months solid, i was as high as a Kite.
far out dude!!!!!!!!!!!

yes and the brushes are to short so i chop the top off the pot only to find there's loads left annoying

we were in a crawl space for 2 hours doing wastes under a huge country house .when we came up we were wired ..i went for a walk down the fields for 20mins to straighten myself out a bit ..when i came back it seemed like i was gone for hours !!! it was so weird ...

another day i was doing wastes over my head for condense off air con units and knocked a full pot of pipe glue over my head ..i got some fright it ran down my nose and around my eye sockets but never touched my eyes ..i got a buddy to do the cleaning up and very carefully !!! it was a horrible feeling to have the glue on my face and in me hair ..
the stuff i hate is tech 7 ..the black outdoor stuff !!! ahhhhh and red stag ..some messy ****e ...

haha red stag here too an old boy i used to work with had a trick he would get a handful of salt or sugar cant remember which and then put some handwash on it and wash hands as normal the salts grittyness did not bad in lifting whatever was on his hand.Sort of like a home made swarfega lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
bit like la-co then,solvent weld is not nice on your hands

i got la-co in a cut - quite painful, this then developed to bad eczema which was on almost every finger - pretty damn painful, the eczema then split and solvent weld got into that - jesus F*****g mother F****r, my word id prefer a kick to the balls anyday. i now use gloves with laco till the damn eczema goes away.

haha red stag here too an old boy i used to work with had a trick he would get a handful of salt or sugar cant remember which and then put some handwash on it and wash hands as normal the salts grittyness did not bad in lifting whatever was on his hand.Sort of like a home made swarfega lol.

Similar to this...A good trick I've used if your out of Swarfega for oily dirt, is a scoop of marg or butter plus some sugar. Rub it in works great. just try to scoop the marg out with something other than your dirty hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solvent weld glue feels fantastic in a cut doesn't it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock