Discuss Slow work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting a full heating install tomorrow so i guess ill have to turn some work down, hate turning work down.

I've got a couple of new systems and boilers to fit coming up at the end of the month, plus a builder friend doing an extension wants an en-suite and heating loop. Bit quiet until then - Got a few small jobs to fill the time, a couple of oil tanks to replace and routine boiler services etc. Possibility of a large contract for a hotel after the holiday season.

Trouble is I can't always fill every day up all the time.

When I am on big jobs I still fit in small ones on evenings, early morning or weekends. I do go off to emergencies when on big jobs and I do inform the customer before I start that I have a few contract customers who I have to jump for!

Im ticking over,but ive been speaking to a few companys I normally sub for and they havent got a lot,seems like the plumbing industry getting hit this year,

Pretty busy up here. Bathrooms and oil installs. Fitting in small jobs/emergencies in evenings but leaving weekends free. Trying to not turn anything away but if people can't wait I tell them to phone somebody else.

Struggling here also, it varies from day to day, week to week but on a whole, it's very quiet!

Problem is I'm in limbo at the mo as haven't got my gas quals but without work coming in, ain't got the £££ to even think about getting them :(

If I have enough jobs coming in just to pay my weeks advertising it's a bonus!

Thank the lord the misses is the bread earner in my house...lol

booking work into may now - just seems hit & miss for some folk - guess im just lucky

I'm starting a full heating install tomorrow so i guess ill have to turn some work down, hate turning work down.

Full heating job - why turn work down because of that? Apart from emergencies of course. Boiler and 6 rads do that in a day with a half decent apprentice including a re-pipe. How long will it take you?

I'm just finishing a bathroom off, then I have two boilers and a disabled toilet to do. So next week I will have a couple of days off. Then I start on the bathroom customer's ensuite, rough that out in a day or so then a three day 16 rad heating & unvented job then I don't know. Had a dreadful January and early February, worst in years, busy since mid Feb and I am really grateful for it. I hope you guys get some work soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
were getting quieter now. im still doing 5 days a week but im only booked about a week ahead at the mo. from december last year until now i was booked 6 weeks ahead constantly. as long as the phone keeps ringing i dont mind, a few lads up my end have just vanished, i spotted one in a builders merchants in the town next to ours working behind the counter, he was laid off and that was the only job he could find. the others i have no idea where they went.

Full heating job - why turn work down because of that? Apart from emergencies of course. Boiler and 6 rads do that in a day with a half decent apprentice including a re-pipe. How long will it take you?

Probably 4 days, working on my own and i like to take things easy not rushing at 100mph lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slow work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hello My toilet flush is busted. The tank takes about 10 seconds to empty and it’s kind of showers down from the middle, rather than that sudden...
Replies
Views
Chris P
C
Hello. New here. I dont know nothing about boilers or plumbing. Just wondering any idea of cost or what the issue is. 15y old boiler, never had...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler which was recently serviced just before Christmas. There has since been a constant but slow drip...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A plumber did some work for me and has done so in the past as well and has been great which is why I hire him. Anyway the last job...
Replies
Views
My towel rail is not electric but separate to central heating and has been working consistently but since the 2 port valve was replaced on Monday...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock