Search the forum,

Discuss Slow work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

truemanufan

What does everyone do once it goes a but quiet in the work front? Any other work or jobs ?

My work has almost dryed up, scratching around for anything at the mo!

These threads seem to be coming more and more common on here , i have been working about a 3 day week for about 4 weeks now as work has become patchy . So much for a shortage of plumbers as advertised constantly by training centres lol.

I have been extremely slow and cant even get any sub work. On a plus point I have taken Portsmouth into Europe and the Premier League on FIFA 2011 as I have a load of time on my hands, Sad Yep, Skint Yep

My phone has stopped ringing also! where does everyone advertise? i'm on Checkatrade, CIPHE site also done flyer drops all to the sound of silence.....how much longer can we all survive....it's getting a bit worrying

slow work!!!!! must have done an NVQ ( not very Quick )

Yes There is a definate down turn at the moment it might just be people are waiting to get Easter out of the way, mind you thats not until almost 2 weeks

I'm lucky to be just right at the moment with about half a dozen customers waiting for jobs to be done and a little spare time to fit in the "emergencies" or go shopping instead. I think it depends on the area you live in, but most plumbers around here seem to be quite busy.

I,m very busy down in devon but its not the same with everyone down here just turned 2 jobs down today too busy to fit them in.

I,m very busy down in devon but its not the same with everyone down here just turned 2 jobs down today too busy to fit them in.

pass them to me then getting bit bored of doing my house up now lol

I'm starting a full heating install tomorrow so i guess ill have to turn some work down, hate turning work down.

I've got a couple of new systems and boilers to fit coming up at the end of the month, plus a builder friend doing an extension wants an en-suite and heating loop. Bit quiet until then - Got a few small jobs to fill the time, a couple of oil tanks to replace and routine boiler services etc. Possibility of a large contract for a hotel after the holiday season.

Trouble is I can't always fill every day up all the time.

When I am on big jobs I still fit in small ones on evenings, early morning or weekends. I do go off to emergencies when on big jobs and I do inform the customer before I start that I have a few contract customers who I have to jump for!

Im ticking over,but ive been speaking to a few companys I normally sub for and they havent got a lot,seems like the plumbing industry getting hit this year,

Pretty busy up here. Bathrooms and oil installs. Fitting in small jobs/emergencies in evenings but leaving weekends free. Trying to not turn anything away but if people can't wait I tell them to phone somebody else.

Struggling here also, it varies from day to day, week to week but on a whole, it's very quiet!

Problem is I'm in limbo at the mo as haven't got my gas quals but without work coming in, ain't got the ÂŁÂŁÂŁ to even think about getting them :(

If I have enough jobs coming in just to pay my weeks advertising it's a bonus!

Thank the lord the misses is the bread earner in my house...lol

booking work into may now - just seems hit & miss for some folk - guess im just lucky

I'm starting a full heating install tomorrow so i guess ill have to turn some work down, hate turning work down.

Full heating job - why turn work down because of that? Apart from emergencies of course. Boiler and 6 rads do that in a day with a half decent apprentice including a re-pipe. How long will it take you?

I'm just finishing a bathroom off, then I have two boilers and a disabled toilet to do. So next week I will have a couple of days off. Then I start on the bathroom customer's ensuite, rough that out in a day or so then a three day 16 rad heating & unvented job then I don't know. Had a dreadful January and early February, worst in years, busy since mid Feb and I am really grateful for it. I hope you guys get some work soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
were getting quieter now. im still doing 5 days a week but im only booked about a week ahead at the mo. from december last year until now i was booked 6 weeks ahead constantly. as long as the phone keeps ringing i dont mind, a few lads up my end have just vanished, i spotted one in a builders merchants in the town next to ours working behind the counter, he was laid off and that was the only job he could find. the others i have no idea where they went.

Full heating job - why turn work down because of that? Apart from emergencies of course. Boiler and 6 rads do that in a day with a half decent apprentice including a re-pipe. How long will it take you?

Probably 4 days, working on my own and i like to take things easy not rushing at 100mph lol.

Probably 4 days, working on my own and i like to take things easy not rushing at 100mph lol.

well you dont want to turn anything away just book it in fir next week! i never turn anything away unless im stuck on a job... you never know how quiet you will be in the coming months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slow work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock