Discuss shower pressure fluctuations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

discopete

Hi there. I hve an old victorian 3 storey house. On the first floor (middle floor) we have the main bathroom with an electric shower. On the 2nd floor (top) we have a second shower room also with an electric shower. This shower room also contains the cold water tank that is in effect at the same height as the shower. This means that whenever we use both showers at the same time both the temperature and the pressure fluctuate. The tank cannot be raised any higher. Is there anything we can do? many thanks - Disco

Hi. The norm for an electric shower is to be mains feed. I would check this.

Is your electric shower the correct model for gravity feed?

The main one I come across is the Mira Elite Kohler Mira Limited: Mira Elite ST (10.8kW): Electric Showers: Products. Check the specs on this page as they will probably be the same requirements.

It shouldn't matter the height of the tank, but if both showers are fed from the same outlet on the tank they will be competing for water. Could alternatively be that the tank isn't big enough for the application. I had a situation a month ago where a Mira Elite was emptying the tank when the teenage daughter was in the shower for ages!

We need more info to answer your questions properly. What brand and model are your electric showers?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shower pressure fluctuations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock