Search the forum,

Discuss Scrap copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

quality

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just been and weighed me scrap collection in this morning and got paid £4.90 per kilo :eek: its gonna be worth as much as gold soon

Yorkshire / derbyshire . I take to the same place every time in Sheffield

Just been and weighed me scrap collection in this morning and got paid £4.90 per kilo :eek: its gonna be worth as much as gold soon

Well gold is about £26,123 KIlo at the moment,so is a slight differance,however now what you mean :D,prices are great at the moment,turning into a nice bonus after a few cylinder removals,do,nt leave any old copper in place any more :D:D

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
had a nice little some for my scrap recently,its worth getting every little piece unless its ytw

Last week I fitted a new hot water cylinder for customer. Someone broke into loft (tenement) and pinched old tank. Water feed was'nt turned off, tank was ripped out. Water damage to 2 properties. Desperate times and good scrap prices!

cheers for that lads -ive been collecting for a while, so much going on i havent kept tabs on rising prices , now probably great time to cash in - thanks & regards - moore

Seems like this thread has got about,just go back from a long weekend away and found my padlock on my Van Guard Pipe Carrier has been attacked by some bolt cutters,and had five lengths of 22mm and 15mm have gone walkies :(:mad:

Seems like this thread has got about,just go back from a long weekend away and found my padlock on my Van Guard Pipe Carrier has been attacked by some bolt cutters,and had five lengths of 22mm and 15mm have gone walkies :(:mad:

Yep same here only just a length of 15mm for me , must be desperate times for some scallies. I 'm just going to use pipe carrier for abs from now on , can't see the price of that rocketting up anytime soon. :mad:

i just shove it in the van transit lwb, but my mate who uses a rhino just leaves it unlocked, as he says 'at least they wont wreck the carrier when they take it'.
funnily enough, hes never lost any either?.

makes you feel like wiring the van and tube carrier to the mains wish that was legal:cool:

Well gold is about £26,123 KIlo at the moment,so is a slight differance,however now what you mean :D,prices are great at the moment,turning into a nice bonus after a few cylinder removals,do,nt leave any old copper in place any more :D:D

imho

26k a kilo for gold

bloody hell its mad that same weight of a certain powder is not far off the same as gold!

just took in my scrap, i phoned all the scrappies in a 60mile radius and it ranged from £1400 a ton to £3500 a ton, so make sure ya shop around

after being stung by local srappie I use an old set of fishing scales now so I went back next time and he tried to con me again this time I said give it back the look on his face was a picture offered me £32 took it up the road got £58.:)regards turnpin

I've always scrapped my tut. I used to get stick about it from my father & brother (both plumbers)....now they routinely bag up their's and weigh it it.

I did a job once, where it was an old unvented cylinder made from very thick guage copper. It took two of us to load it in the van...the client was so relieved that they didn't have too shift it themselves!! HA HA!

I always leave the scrappies feeling happy - it's a nice little kick back - and we need all the help we can at the moment.

best to leave a pipe carrier unlocked and empty when away from the van my sons was attatcked in broad daylight in bethnal green

so what,s this scrap metal lark

heard a lot about it but never got involved myself :D:D:D

taking scrap from customers is theft and illegal to transport in your van unless you have a waste disposal licence, so i leave all mine with the customer////...

i have seen people selling old copper cylinders in ad trader magazine obviously after a new heating install... these are going for around 35quid last time i took one to weigh it in i got 70 quid some people are really think. i go picking these up on sat and sun a make myself a firtune lol

lol get you!! some people are happy to see it taken away!!! its just a good service with financial benefits at the end of it

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scrap copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock