Search the forum,

Discuss Replace rad and chase pipes in wall. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Customer wants this rad replaced and the pipes chased in to the wall.

Pipe is very close to the switches but can be moved over slightly to get away from the cables.

What do you reckon? Worth doing?

Will have to cover the pipes I know to protect them.

I have said to the customer that I will knock a bit of the wall out to make sure I can get the pipes in OK. If not I might suggest chrome. She said about boxing them in but didnt sound as though she really liked the idea, she wants stylish.

Making good is for customer to sort as they have a plasterer mate.

I was thinking 4hrs Labour plus materials.

View attachment DSC_0348.JPG

View attachment DSC_0347.JPG

Last edited:
i would allow a day as your chasing in

Laat time I chased walls out was during the summer. Dust mask and sds on Hammer, that was in a stripped out bathroom. Don't think I will get away with it here somehow.

I have to price carefully if I want the job. They had a multi trader recently refit a rad for them but he obviously hasn't filled them with confidence. I get the feeling they don't like plumbers making a profit. Will price for a day, if I don't get it, I will live.

or you could say you cut the chase and lift the floor boards upstairs i will pipe it in would allow 4 hours

Looks like a nightmare.
Allow for dust sheets and a few hours clearing up.

Wouldn't it be two visits?
Chase and fit pipes, return after plastering and paint to fit rad.

i wouldnt unless the pipes were behind the rad

Yes, had it a few times. I would fit rad so I know it's OK then remove and refit once all plastered. Will make sure I get pics showing rad all connected incase pipework gets messed with.

I like ShaunCorbs idea of getting them to lift boards and chase wall though :D

I like ShaunCorbs idea of getting them to lift boards and chase wall though :D

If they want to cheap get them to do the donkey / dirty work

Good thinking. I can be a bit soft sometimes. Only screwing myself over.

That's the one I did recently

Hilti chaser and dust extractor

IMG_2741.JPG

More than welcome

Hope you liked your payment of 2.5 Jaffa cakes

That was far to much. I would have held the 1/2 back incase it started leaking.

I felt guilty he was there for 2 days so I thought I would give him a tip

Last time I hired an extractor, the dust clogged my vacuum bag almost immediately so it didn't suck quite as well as I'd hoped. Still, the bag was already half full and you can't remember everything (like spare bags).

You can get a chaser from screwfix for about a ton, fix it up to your Henry & away you go....easi Pesi ...

You can get a chaser from screwfix for about a ton, fix it up to your Henry & away you go....easi Pesi .

Henry won't cope with the amount of dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replace rad and chase pipes in wall. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Iā€™m fitting a small basin on a floating countertop (30x40cm) and will be chasing the internal clinker block wall to around 100mm wide to accept a...
Replies
Views
I apologise in advance that this might not make sense or be full of silly/obvious questions, but I am a novice at all this! We have recently...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Was looking for some innovative ideas from you all.šŸ˜Š Iā€™m renovating a bathroom in a flat. The soil, hot & cold water pipe runs stops me...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock