Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Re-pressurising Main Combi 30 Eco Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dazmeister

Hi,

I have recently moved into a house and would like to bleed the radiators as I hear various knocking of the pipes when the central heating is turned on.

If the system pressure drops too low I want to be able to re-pressurise the boiler too.

I have heard that water regs state a filling loop should not be permanently connected to a boiler but ours looks like it has a permanently connected braided hose.

It also doesn't look like it is connected to the boiler itself. Could it be some custom pipework put there during installation? How would I re-pressurise the boiler in this configuration?

Many thanks for your help,

Daz

photo (3).jpg

The braided hose does come off if you twist the metal ends with the lugs attached. To re-pressurise you will need a flat head screwdriver. The end on the right of the photo has a slot in it gently turn this with your screwdriver till the pressure is 1.5 when boiler is cold.

The braided hose does come off if you twist the metal ends with the lugs attached. To re-pressurise you will need a flat head screwdriver. The end on the right of the photo has a slot in it gently turn this with your screwdriver till the pressure is 1.5 when boiler is cold.

Thanks for your help Atouchofgas that's great. Is it ok to leave connected? Isn't causing any problems there.

-Daz

Thanks for your help Atouchofgas that's great. Can it stay connected? It isn't causing any problems.

-Daz

Ideally you should remove the hose and bang a couple of caps over the open ends to stop any leaks should they occur.

If you are going to refill/top up your heating system do check that the water in
the central heating system is still at the correct strength of chemical protection
and not diluted otherwise you are storing up bit problems for the future Chking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Re-pressurising Main Combi 30 Eco Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have a Kinetico 2020c HE Water Softener, fitted in 2008 in our loft to the cold water tank in a vented system with a conventional boiler...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a new boiler Ideal "Heat only" 24kw with a new Indirect unvented hot water cylinder and two expansion tanks. The plumber who fitted the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock