Discuss Re-pressurising Main Combi 30 Eco Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dazmeister

Hi,

I have recently moved into a house and would like to bleed the radiators as I hear various knocking of the pipes when the central heating is turned on.

If the system pressure drops too low I want to be able to re-pressurise the boiler too.

I have heard that water regs state a filling loop should not be permanently connected to a boiler but ours looks like it has a permanently connected braided hose.

It also doesn't look like it is connected to the boiler itself. Could it be some custom pipework put there during installation? How would I re-pressurise the boiler in this configuration?

Many thanks for your help,

Daz

photo (3).jpg

The braided hose does come off if you twist the metal ends with the lugs attached. To re-pressurise you will need a flat head screwdriver. The end on the right of the photo has a slot in it gently turn this with your screwdriver till the pressure is 1.5 when boiler is cold.

The braided hose does come off if you twist the metal ends with the lugs attached. To re-pressurise you will need a flat head screwdriver. The end on the right of the photo has a slot in it gently turn this with your screwdriver till the pressure is 1.5 when boiler is cold.

Thanks for your help Atouchofgas that's great. Is it ok to leave connected? Isn't causing any problems there.

-Daz

If you are going to refill/top up your heating system do check that the water in
the central heating system is still at the correct strength of chemical protection
and not diluted otherwise you are storing up bit problems for the future Chking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Re-pressurising Main Combi 30 Eco Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back