Discuss raven heat boiler fault? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all, went to a boiler breakdown today for a ravenheat combi boiler, no hot water or heating, pump runs but no voltage to fan in dhw or ch mode. i found that one of the glass fuses on the pcb had blown. (315Ma one) but i didnt have any of these fuses on the van. however my query is why would it blow? i know that a few weeks ago it was fitted with an rf stat but it was working fine for a couple of weeks after the stat was fitted. could i be missing something that would cause the fuse to pop?

i have a feeling that im gonna replace the fuse and the new one is just gonna blow.

any help appreciated.

if a fuse blows there is something wrong check the pump,fan,diverter and lwp switch something is breaking down or getting wet

I don't know much about electrics but I supplied a wireless stat to an electrician for a boiler I fitted and he said he can't fit it because it could blow the board. Something about the boiler requiring a zero voltage something or other... Check the stat is compatible with this boiler

if a fuse blows there is something wrong check the pump,fan,diverter and lwp switch something is breaking down or getting wet

Good Advice, gas man.
Take your multi-meter to check components,otherwise you'll need a bag of 315ma fuses !!!!!!!!!
Check the RF has been fitted correctly [ boiler & RF wiring dia] probably not so as such a small fuse would have blown straight away.If you're lucky the diagram might show, whats covered by the fuse.
Disconnect each component & test.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to raven heat boiler fault? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock