Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators upstairs on even though setting switched to off!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kez6670

Can anyone help me please. I am experiencing a strange problem. My hot water is set to constant and I never have any problems with this, however, my central heating is set to come on twice a day and for the past two nights I have woken in the night to find that all of my radiators upstairs were boiling hot. I went down to the timer thinking that I had switched it to "on" by mistake but it was set to "auto". I tried setting it to "off" but, still, the radiators were boiling. I dont think there is a problem with the boiler because the hot water is still working and the radiators downstairs come on when they are set to.

The only thing I can think of is that I was cleaning out my airing cupboard the day before this happened and my Grundfos Selectric pump is located in there. Have I maybe switched it or knocked it?

Does anybody have any suggestions before I have to call out a plumber?

Thanks

You will need to call someone out, depending on layout of system it's possible that a check valve has stuck open, put on some systems to stop your problem, (upstairs rads getting hot when on for hot water only,) not an expansive part but depends where it is located.

Can anyone help me please. I am experiencing a strange problem. My hot water is set to constant and I never have any problems with this, however, my central heating is set to come on twice a day and for the past two nights I have woken in the night to find that all of my radiators upstairs were boiling hot. I went down to the timer thinking that I had switched it to "on" by mistake but it was set to "auto". I tried setting it to "off" but, still, the radiators were boiling. I dont think there is a problem with the boiler because the hot water is still working and the radiators downstairs come on when they are set to.

The only thing I can think of is that I was cleaning out my airing cupboard the day before this happened and my Grundfos Selectric pump is located in there. Have I maybe switched it or knocked it?

Does anybody have any suggestions before I have to call out a plumber?

Thanks

Hi there key and welcome to the forum there may be nothing wrong and it's simply your timer set wrong or am instead of pm since it was on auto, if your timers ok then call out an engineer, good luck

Upstairs zone Motorised valve head faulty or locked to manual on position - any of these possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiators upstairs on even though setting switched to off!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Hi. Turned my heating on for the 1st time today, i bled every radiator as haven't done it since last winter. upstairs worked fine but an hour or 2 later I noticed downstairs was still cold. I looked for some advice online and turned the trv's off and locksheilds for the upstairs only and...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft but an unvented cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard. A gas heat only boiler. Upstairs I have two en suite rooms. One with a shower and one with...
Replies
Views
Hi ! Can anyone help with what I should set my storage radiator when I am away from mid December to early January please? I live in Bristol and have just dried out my small rented flat with a dehumidifier. I have a large radiator with the label NC3300 Auto Series C and the flat was built early /...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, New here & my first post! I have a Worcester greenstar 24i, it is a conventional boiler, it has a water tank upstairs. For the past year the hot water when turned on was intermittent. I repressurised the expansion vessel to 1 bar and the hot water switch when turned on worked...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock