Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators upstairs on even though setting switched to off!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kez6670

Can anyone help me please. I am experiencing a strange problem. My hot water is set to constant and I never have any problems with this, however, my central heating is set to come on twice a day and for the past two nights I have woken in the night to find that all of my radiators upstairs were boiling hot. I went down to the timer thinking that I had switched it to "on" by mistake but it was set to "auto". I tried setting it to "off" but, still, the radiators were boiling. I dont think there is a problem with the boiler because the hot water is still working and the radiators downstairs come on when they are set to.

The only thing I can think of is that I was cleaning out my airing cupboard the day before this happened and my Grundfos Selectric pump is located in there. Have I maybe switched it or knocked it?

Does anybody have any suggestions before I have to call out a plumber?

Thanks

You will need to call someone out, depending on layout of system it's possible that a check valve has stuck open, put on some systems to stop your problem, (upstairs rads getting hot when on for hot water only,) not an expansive part but depends where it is located.

Can anyone help me please. I am experiencing a strange problem. My hot water is set to constant and I never have any problems with this, however, my central heating is set to come on twice a day and for the past two nights I have woken in the night to find that all of my radiators upstairs were boiling hot. I went down to the timer thinking that I had switched it to "on" by mistake but it was set to "auto". I tried setting it to "off" but, still, the radiators were boiling. I dont think there is a problem with the boiler because the hot water is still working and the radiators downstairs come on when they are set to.

The only thing I can think of is that I was cleaning out my airing cupboard the day before this happened and my Grundfos Selectric pump is located in there. Have I maybe switched it or knocked it?

Does anybody have any suggestions before I have to call out a plumber?

Thanks

Hi there key and welcome to the forum there may be nothing wrong and it's simply your timer set wrong or am instead of pm since it was on auto, if your timers ok then call out an engineer, good luck

Upstairs zone Motorised valve head faulty or locked to manual on position - any of these possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiators upstairs on even though setting switched to off!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock