Discuss Radiator 'Tail' advice please... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrBusagain

Hi all,

small problem hopefully you can help me with. Fitting a double rad onto bedroom wall. Have bought a Bulldog TRV, which seems decent enough. Problem is, the two existing floor pipes have already been routed up throught he floorboards, capped off, and carpet etc fitted. I gave the distance between the pipes to the tradesperson at the Plumb Center, and he suggested which rad to opt for. The problem is that with all the Bulldog fitted correctly, I am short about 50mm. I know that there are 'extendable/telescopic' tail pieces which can be fitted instead of the suppled tail, bought I have heard that they are prety useless.

Can anyone advise? Should I workout the exact length of tail required, and then purchase accordingly, or possible buy a long tail piece and shorten with pipe cutters to required length?

Help... :eek:

You can get some kind of tail which has a long piece of chrome pipe between the rad and the valve which you cut off accordingly and tighten up with an olive (you also need PTFE tape round the olive). Used them a year ago no problem but you MUST use the PTFE.

You can also buy the tail adaptors but you need the correct length and they are quite expensive.

Thanks WHPES,

as suspected, I chave two options:

opt for a long tail piece and cut accordingly, or determine exact length required and hope this marries up with a tail piece that already exists. Not fussed if the latter is a little more expensive. Appreciate the PTFE comments, I tend to use it everywhere to be honest mate..

Thanks again. MrB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator 'Tail' advice please... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock