Search the forum,

Discuss Question re dual flush valve in ideal standard toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ideal standard toilet (concealed unit) was leaking into the pan. Changing the washer didn't solve the problem. We discovered one of the clips on the unit which holds the flush valve is broken. Does anybody know how these holding units are replaced? Do they just screw out, for example? And how are they accessed? As the whole thing is behind a wall, with only a small hole behind the flush plate for access, it is very difficult knowing how to fix the bloomin' thing!

We are assuming the broken clip and the flush valve being loose is the cause of the problem.

PS We're not plumbers.

clips on the unit or the base unit (where it slots into) if its the base unit you will need access to the bottom of the cistern sorry to say

Clip being broken means the valve is not locked down so water seeps under the rubber seal you replaced.

Hmmm, that's what I was worried about! What does this involve? Removing the toilet for access?

IMG_0356.jpg

base then your in the poo sorry to say

two options in front or behind if stud wall

What do you mean by in front? There is no stud panel.

can you take a pic of the front plz

and is it on a stud wall or solid wall

It's a solid wall. There are no studs

sorry to say then some of your tiles will have to come off the front, as you will need access maybe time to call a plumber in as there are a few ways to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Question re dual flush valve in ideal standard toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock