Search the forum,

Discuss Question for the experts! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lenny

What fall should 100mm w/c waste pipe have per metre? Should the fall be increased to compensate for 3 - 90 degree bends? (The total length from the WC to the stack is about 3.5 metres)

Thanks

im no expert but i thought it was 18mm per metre, or min of 10mm per metre.:)

1in4 fall
PARDON,
4' run with a 1' drop?.

the question was for an expert, i'm no expert, but i think you will find that it is 15:1000 that is 15mm per meter, 3.5 x 5 = 52.5mm.
too steep and it starts to block as the pipe becomes non-self cleaning. i believe.

Too shallow and it starts to block, too steep and it draws water out of the traps due to suction.

Part H of the Building Regulations states 18mm per m minimum which you should take as the mandatory requirement.

When erecting a soil stack the angles are predetermined by the sockets on the branches in the stack.

Last edited:
1 in 60 , or for me, the width of my thumb under my 4' level. If its too steep the "liquids" will run away and leave behind the "solids".

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry dunno what the regs say but 1:40 for a 100mm is a good guide ..thats about 1.5 deg. Junctions are usually at 92 deg .. 3 bends seems a lot in a 3.5m run but no need to compensate just make sure pipes are cut straight with no obstructions.

1 in 60 , or for me, the width of my thumb under my 4' level. If its too steep the "liquids" will run away and leave behind the "solids".
:) thats what i was saying, too easy to think that the quicker it gets rid of the waste the better, its not, its the opposite hense 'self cleaning'.;)

Hi, 3- 90 degree bends?
135, degree at least?:)

FORGOT, SORRY!
No expert, just love plummin, and learnin plumin.
Thanx.

HI. redsaw, thought the 90, bend would be too steep?:)

Not sure, but if a 135- degree angle, is curved based, then less resistannce than 90-degree?
AS I say learnin!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Question for the experts! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock