Search the forum,

Discuss Question for the experts! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lenny

What fall should 100mm w/c waste pipe have per metre? Should the fall be increased to compensate for 3 - 90 degree bends? (The total length from the WC to the stack is about 3.5 metres)

Thanks

im no expert but i thought it was 18mm per metre, or min of 10mm per metre.:)

1in4 fall
PARDON,
4' run with a 1' drop?.

the question was for an expert, i'm no expert, but i think you will find that it is 15:1000 that is 15mm per meter, 3.5 x 5 = 52.5mm.
too steep and it starts to block as the pipe becomes non-self cleaning. i believe.

Too shallow and it starts to block, too steep and it draws water out of the traps due to suction.

Part H of the Building Regulations states 18mm per m minimum which you should take as the mandatory requirement.

When erecting a soil stack the angles are predetermined by the sockets on the branches in the stack.

Last edited:
1 in 60 , or for me, the width of my thumb under my 4' level. If its too steep the "liquids" will run away and leave behind the "solids".

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry dunno what the regs say but 1:40 for a 100mm is a good guide ..thats about 1.5 deg. Junctions are usually at 92 deg .. 3 bends seems a lot in a 3.5m run but no need to compensate just make sure pipes are cut straight with no obstructions.

1 in 60 , or for me, the width of my thumb under my 4' level. If its too steep the "liquids" will run away and leave behind the "solids".
:) thats what i was saying, too easy to think that the quicker it gets rid of the waste the better, its not, its the opposite hense 'self cleaning'.;)

Hi, 3- 90 degree bends?
135, degree at least?:)

FORGOT, SORRY!
No expert, just love plummin, and learnin plumin.
Thanx.

HI. redsaw, thought the 90, bend would be too steep?:)

Not sure, but if a 135- degree angle, is curved based, then less resistannce than 90-degree?
AS I say learnin!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Question for the experts! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock