Discuss Question about Cold Water Booster Set in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

pressure maybe 1 - 1.5bar but i will have to checked, flow rate no idea

Until you know these this thread is a total waste of time and you may as well stick a wet finger in the air, sorry Mateus but facts are required to help/ guide you.

5. budget i don't know i would like to buy something right quality to money and install my self. I know how to hold spanners and pliers.
You do know of course that the installation of a booster pump drawing more than 12L/M is notifiable to your local Water Undertaker under the Water (supply & fittings) Regulations 1999?
You must give formal notice in writing before you start, it is likely that they will wish to inspect the installation upon completed.

You do know of course that the installation of a booster pump drawing more than 12L/M is notifiable to your local Water Undertaker under the Water (supply & fittings) Regulations 1999?
You must give formal notice in writing before you start, it is likely that they will wish to inspect the installation upon completed.
Hi Chris
Last time I rang the local council to notify. They put me through to building control, who said
“ don’t know what your on about?”

Chris that is only when the pump is directly connected/ fed from mains not when your feeding from a stored source

Hi Chris
Last time I rang the local council to notify. They put me through to building control, who said
“ don’t know what your on about?”
This is the Water Regs Chalked not the Building Regs so it falls to the Undertaker to administer & enforce.
Chris that is only when the pump is directly connected/ fed from mains not when your feeding from a stored source
Sorry Shaun but it isn't limited to directly connected pumps.
It makes it quite clear that it applies to pumps that are indirectly connected drawing more than 0.2Litres/second. see - Table 5 (1), sub-clause 4(d) and it provides a diagram R6.1b showing indirect connection break cistern.

This is the Water Regs Chalked not the Building Regs so it falls to the Undertaker to administer & enforce.
Sorry Shaun but it isn't limited to directly connected pumps.
It makes it quite clear that it applies to pumps that are indirectly connected drawing more than 0.2Litres/second. see - Table 5 (1), sub-clause 4(d) and it provides a diagram R6.1b showing indirect connection break cistern.

But it’s not drawing from the main it’s being fed from a tank

Why would they need to know you’ve connected a pump to a tank don’t have to let them know about shower pumps

But it’s not drawing from the main it’s being fed from a tank

Why would they need to know you’ve connected a pump to a tank don’t have to let them know about shower pumps
Full guidance is given in R6.1 but to answer your question installing a pump even if it is indirectly connected will increase the draw from that supply main (more water out = more water in) especially if the cistern is not sized correctly therefore they want to know about a risk that the main pressure could drop, leading to an increase risk of back siphonage in surrounding properties.
Them's the rules "you have to give notice before you start" They then have 10 working days to respond.
The Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999

Last edited:
At the end of the day, increased usage by one property in a stress water supply area wether its pumps that suck, or push on stored water leads to the neighbours getting kicked they all install one and everbody is back to square one. Did one in Hightown a few years ago, Grunfos one, guess what we more or less worked our way round thus little cul de sac. and they are all back in same desert Happy Days Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Reply to Question about Cold Water Booster Set in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Hi, would be extremely grateful for any advice on the following. I'm installing a bathroom (shower, toilet and sink) in my summer house. It has...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock