Discuss Purple/red discharge from showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fogarty

Brothers recently had new house built and he's complaining about coloured discharge from mixer showers. First thought was flux but no discharge from any taps or toilets just showers. 95% of house is plastic pipe except first couple of meters in garage after stop tap. Any ideas ?

Is it always discoloured or just when it's first turned on for a few seconds?

It looks clear just leaves purple residue on head and down walls

could be a fiber washer breaking down in the system.
last one i had was pink apparently, didnt see it when i called round but the gay guy insisted it was.
good idea to call water undertaker to test water supply.

still working for 'foxy' phil?

Thinking if it was something like water supply there would be discolouration in kettle , taps ,bath etc but no, just two mixer showers on two different floors

Thinking if it was something like water supply there would be discolouration in kettle , taps ,bath etc but no, just two mixer showers on two different floors

Maybe the showers are the problem.

Cheap parts etc.

I'd have a look at them first. Remove and inspect.

Thnig is there working perfectly, I didn't supply or fit them and I don't want to start taking things to bits and cause more problems. Do you think there may be purple grease/lubricant in shower mixer that has been flushed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Purple/red discharge from showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock