Search the forum,

Discuss Purple/red discharge from showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fogarty

Brothers recently had new house built and he's complaining about coloured discharge from mixer showers. First thought was flux but no discharge from any taps or toilets just showers. 95% of house is plastic pipe except first couple of meters in garage after stop tap. Any ideas ?

Is it always discoloured or just when it's first turned on for a few seconds?

It looks clear just leaves purple residue on head and down walls

could be a fiber washer breaking down in the system.
last one i had was pink apparently, didnt see it when i called round but the gay guy insisted it was.
good idea to call water undertaker to test water supply.

still working for 'foxy' phil?

Thinking if it was something like water supply there would be discolouration in kettle , taps ,bath etc but no, just two mixer showers on two different floors

Thinking if it was something like water supply there would be discolouration in kettle , taps ,bath etc but no, just two mixer showers on two different floors

Maybe the showers are the problem.

Cheap parts etc.

I'd have a look at them first. Remove and inspect.

Thnig is there working perfectly, I didn't supply or fit them and I don't want to start taking things to bits and cause more problems. Do you think there may be purple grease/lubricant in shower mixer that has been flushed out

Is that used in plumbing or have you been watching The Joy Of Painting on satellite

It was used for scabies when i was young but seemingly you can use it for thrush.................purple fan ni (i better stop there or i might get banned) :lol:

Lol, it's airbourne bacteria, not much you can do about it apart from clean it up when it marks. It would be wise to strip the shower heads and leave them soaking in grot buster overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Purple/red discharge from showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a problem with noise and vibrations from my shower when i first turn it on. The problem lasts for about 30 seconds after the shower is switched on before it stops. There is a sink nearby, sometimes if we switch that on slowly before turning on the shower then the shower doesn't make a...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was working fine for a coupe of months however now the valve has started misbehaving which is resulting in having to turn the temperature valve round further...
Replies
Views
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in the property over 10 years and it's never been this bad before. The combi boiler was checked and is ok. The hot water from taps is uneffected and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock