Discuss Problems with new Shower Units installed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zephalinda

Hi,
I've just had a a small ensuite bathroom in an appartment refurbished. Got a new shower tray in but the original electric shower (a Mira Vie) was reused as it was reasonably new. Also, the radiator was replaced with a towel rail and the toilet and sink moved.
In the main bathroom which never had a shower installed over the bath, I got a power shower installed (brand new Iflo) which uses a Salamander pump. Also had the radiator replaced with a large towel rail.
Ever since this work was completed by the plumber, there is a:
1) A constant whirring sound coming from the emersion tank when the central heating/hot water is on. This noise was not present before.
2) Both showers need to have the head removed from the holder and held down low to start the water flow every morning
3) A loud intermittent clicking noise (not the usual heating up/cooling down expansion sounds) from the other radiators in the apartment. This noise was also not present before.

The plumber is adament that the showers will "settle down" and has given a multitude of possible reasons for the radiator noise but again seems to be of the opinion that they too will "settle down".

I do not for one second believe this to be the case but unfortunatly I am not in a position to argue my point as I know nothing about plumbimg!!

Any help or information greatly appreciated.
thanks

1. Air in the pump or the bearings are away. Probably air. Bleed it through the big screw on the front.
2. Possibly needs a negetive pressure switch fitted if as i suspect you have very little head of water. Would have been better to buy the right pump.
3. Could be many things. It is something you would need to hear.

Thanks Tamz, some questions please and apologies if stupid!
1) Which pump? Will the immersion have a seperate pump or a built in one?
2) You say you suspect I have very little head of water but the plumber was the guy who provided the pump in the first place. That too is brand new. Is it possible it's underpowered?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problems with new Shower Units installed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back