Discuss Pressure reduction valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

OK I still have an issue with my cold water inlet to my hot water tank. There is a series of valves (see picture) and the meter is showing nearly 9 bars of pressure. I have turned of the water supply and ran hot and cold taps but this meter is not moving. I have tapped it and it does not seem to be stuck. The hot water is running normally . I do not understand what is happening or what these valves do.

20190220_174348.jpg

OK so the problem occurred when I think a mixer tap valve failed and I had cold water of the mains flowing into the hot water side of the boiler.
So I will not attempt to fix this myself I am just curious as to what could have happened and what these valves do?

german writing on the top of the right hand grey knurl

Reply to Pressure reduction valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
I’ve lost the pressure from the outside tap. It was working fine. I have checked the washer on the outside tap and the inside stop valve seen in...
Replies
Views
In our sealed Megalo system, when hot water tap is used (say in bathroom shower) the megaflo is taking in some fresh water, I guess to compensate...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock