Search the forum,

Discuss Power Flushing Techniques in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done a power flush on every boiler I've installed, the amount of muck I've pulled out of systems is unreal. The Kamco magnet works a treat.

I do the following:

Open vent system
Isolate cold water supply to f and e
Drain out f and e tank and cap the feed pipe and open vent
Set up power flush and connect to pump
Open all rad valves and with the pump set to dump I switch it on and the initial muck gets removed from system.
Set pump to recirculate and let it heat up, add chemical, either FX2 for cast iron heat exchanger or Sentinel X800
Let everything circulate and then close off all rads/hot water coil apart from one.
Flush that one rad until evenly hot all over and use a rubber mallet for persuasion if need be
Move on to each rad like this and then open coil to flush again
Then, start dumping and rinsing with fresh water only on just the pipes
Then go to each rad one by one and flush with clean water until water runs clear
Open whole system for final rinse
Add neutraliser if required and flush accordingly
Add inhibitor
Job done
Depending on size of house can take between 3-6 hours
Couple of questions: (sorry if they're stupid)

What do you connect to to fill up the system if you've disconnected the f&e?

When you say, set it up to recirculate and let it heat up, are you running the boiler while doing this or do you have one of those heater attachments?

Let's say its a 3 floor property, do you do one floor at a time?

Also, let's say its a 3 floor property and you've connected to via the pump head on the ground floor and you want to flush upper floors, once you've dumped and refill, won't it fill up the flush machine before it reaches the upper level rads??

I'm gonna do the kamco course as soon as I can but these are questions that are bugging me at the mo

Fill through flushing machine.
I use the boiler, all mine are oil boilers.
Depends on the power of the pump on the flushing machine.
Only have a problem if you turn it off. I have my machine in an extra large gorilla tub which catches the overspill.

Do you guys do pH and TDS measurements?

I run the boiler to warm system but have an immersion element to warm up if the boiler is dead

I do a rad at a time so floor by floor is sort of followed as i just do the rads one by one

The machine is dumping the water you add so you're not losing water from the system and yes I test PH and TDS

Where do you live, if your local I'll show you how i flush if you like?

I run the boiler to warm system but have an immersion element to warm up if the boiler is dead

I do a rad at a time so floor by floor is sort of followed as i just do the rads one by one

The machine is dumping the water you add so you're not losing water from the system and yes I test PH and TDS

Where do you live, if your local I'll show you how i flush if you like?
I'm in West London, you?

Not usually. More than happy to sort out a flush at my place one Saturday though to show you what I do. My system is sealed but will show you what needs doing anyway.

Not usually. More than happy to sort out a flush at my place one Saturday though to show you what I do. My system is sealed but will show you what needs doing anyway.
That would be amazing!!! I don't want to cut into your family time though. I can always try take some time off work. Also, let me know if you want some dosh as I'm taking up your time which is money lost for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power Flushing Techniques in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock