Discuss potterton puma 80 burner won't lite.(permanent pilot)) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi again fellas,just come back from a potterton puma 80 (permanent pilot) and the main burner won't fire up.
i've followed the fault finding by the word and it's leading me to beleive the gas valve.

1. pilot light on - yes
2.mains led on - yes
3. is fan running slowly - yes
4 is low pressure led on - no
5 is red light lit on modulating board -no
6 turn boiler switch to on
7 turn on hot tap,has red light lit - yes
8 is fan running at full speed - yes
9 is fan oscillating on/off - no
10 does main burner light - no
11 switch boiler switch to "stand by" then "on" does relay1 on mod board energise after fan starts - yes
12 check continuity of main gas solenoid valve and replace if faulty.(where can i put my multimeter to test this?)

has anyone else experienced this fault with this boiler?? i know its old and crap but the fella can't afford to replace it yet.

Last edited:
Re: potterton 80 burner won't lite.

get a selenoid tester from hrp,check gas valve,they are about 15 pound

Re: potterton 80 burner won't lite.

SIT valve fitted, for the 80 its part No:929578 the manual describes how to replace the solenoid valve don't know if it's is available (no Pt No listed)
Good luck, Martin

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to potterton puma 80 burner won't lite.(permanent pilot)) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock