Search the forum,

Discuss Poor cold bath flow! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dan the plumber

Evening All,

But of advice please guys....

Started first fix on a bathroom refit today and discovered flow to (CWSS) cold bath feed is terrible to say the least.

This is now the 2nd time first fix has been done as "plumber" previously c*cked things up so took out his handy work & reran pipes etc today!

Customer advised perfectly good flow before plumber came along! Hot flow to bath is fine as is all other taps throughout the house-any ideas as to why flow is so bad!?

Thanks in advance guys & gals.

air lock ,gate valve collapsed , debris in pipe work ,did you check cold water tank (mouses are know of a good swimmers but some time they can not escape and ...... )

Thanks for speedy reply.

Yeah checked tanks today and they actually nice and clear as far as tanks go!

Iso's have been fitted on both hot & cold pipework but hot is fine-think this may have an influence!? I did think it could be an airlock as system as been drained a fair few times so will have a go at flushing it tomorrow-any recommendations as to best way to flush through!?

Thanks again for the help.

Stick a wet vac in the tap and open the cold - if it's an air lock thus should pull it through.

Has the other plumber used ptfe on the iso valve? If so he may have blocked it up.

It was speedfit city but have whipped those out today, must have cost him a days wage in fittings alone!!!

Can't see that he has used any ptfe on Iso's tho!

shouldn't need ptfe on isos if done correctly. what is the flow like without the taps connected? could be unseated washer in the tap.

Yes ran all in copper.

Have not even attempted to connect to taps yet as flow is so bad! It's only on that particular tap feed though but was flowing fine till he had a mess!

could be some crud in pipe. can you back flush it with mains? or forward flush from tank using tank feed

Will give back flush a go tomorrow and hopefully that should flush out any rubbish in pipework!

Bit of a thick question here: feed coming out of top of cylinder has been Tee'd off before it gets to main feed/vent pipe....why!? Can't see where this run of pipe goes and it's on this run that a gate valve has been installed! Still getting full flow to all hot taps when gate is closed!?

I thought it could be something like that but the only shower in property is an elec shower in the en-suite and by the looks of it, a dedicated cold feed has been run for this in the loft!?

maybe used to have a gravity one but took it out in the past.

shouldn't need ptfe on isos if done correctly. what is the flow like without the taps connected? could be unseated washer in the tap.

Just to clarify I know there should be no ptfe on ISO's but seem it done where the tape is actually restricting the opening!

Fair point - will try back flush tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again for the help, appreciate it

Morning all,

Just a quickie (as the actress said to the bishop!)

Problem sorted...think it was a combination of an air lock and half a ton of loose solder in the pipework!

Connected to mains and back filled=jobs a good'en

Thanks again for advice all.

Dan

Evening All,

But of advice please guys....

Started first fix on a bathroom refit today and discovered flow to (CWSS) cold bath feed is terrible to say the least.

This is now the 2nd time first fix has been done as "plumber" previously c*cked things up so took out his handy work & reran pipes etc today!

Customer advised perfectly good flow before plumber came along! Hot flow to bath is fine as is all other taps throughout the house-any ideas as to why flow is so bad!?

Thanks in advance guys & gals.

could be many things, try tap first and then trace back, could find it easy could be a long time, such are the nature of these things im afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Poor cold bath flow! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Afternoon all - We have a problem with very little/no cold water flow on the ground and first floor of our (fairly new build, 7 years old) 3 story town house. All flow is fine on the top floor and the hot water is unaffected and runs throughout the house. It's an unvented, balanced system...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have CH with a system boiler with a header tank and 8mm micro bore pipes to the radiators, fairly standard setup I guess. House is 1990s. My issue is that two of my radiators are cold, while the rest are perfectly fine. Both the problem radiators are downstairs and close...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Hope you are able to help me, and thank you in advance for anyone who can contribute. I've got a Vaillant 938 and notice that the hot water output isn't near the claimed flow. I've tested the pressure at the stopcock and it's around 3 bar. I've tested the cold flow rate from the...
Replies
Views
Hello, Trust everyone is well and keeping safe. Apologies in advance for the lengthy post but I could really do with some advice as I'm mid renovations and noticed the kitchen tap ,upstairs bathroom basin and shower are suffering from low water pressure whilst the downstairs WC basin tap seems...
Replies
Views
Now sorted... don’t bother reading this stupid long post. Hi, I’ve got a bit of a head scratcher here and wondered what you guys would make of it. I was called by a landlord to do a gas safety check on a property that is now at the latter stages of being sold and the buyers wanted the usual...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock