Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing waste for a dishwasher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marct

Hi,

I am currently adding a new waste pipe for a dishwasher but I'm unsure as to which option to go for.

The sink and waste pipe goes out on one wall at a height of roughly 40cm. The dishwasher will be located about 2.5 metres away. I was going to put in a stand pipe but I don't know if I can plumb the waste from the stand pipe into the main waste pipe that goes out of the house because it is 40cm from the ground. Obviously I'd need the P trap to be as low as possible but I'd only end up with about 10cm of the stand pipe to put the dish washer flex into.

Is this too little pipe, do I have to put the waste pipe lower and put a new whole through the wall for the dishwasher waste to go into the drain, or is there another option.

Please help. :)

Thanks
Marc

You can get a new trap for the sink which has a spigot on to take the d/washer waste.
Sink & Washing Machine Trap 40mm - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

Last edited:
Hi Marct

If your waste from sink going through wall at 40cm, top of normal dishwasher is about
86cm which gives you a possible upstand of 432 above outlet I would have thought
or you can extend out let pipe from dishwasher and fit kitchen sink trap with spigot as NickH says, or you could tee off your kitchen sink waste and run to dishwasher in 1 1/2" with in line trap and stick a compression coupling on end with spigot fitting and connect dish washer hose or you could got through wall if you are feeling energetic
Or of course you could just tell misses to face up to her responsibilities in life and wash the dishes in the sink :D

You can get a new trap for the sink which has a spigot on to take the d/washer waste.
Sink & Washing Machine Trap 40mm - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

Hi,

Thanks for your response Nick. So, are you saying that even though the dishwasher will be 2.5 metres away from the sink I could just extend the dishwashers outlet pipe? Would I start having trouble with the dishwasher having to pump the water out so far?

Sorry, for the questions but I want to get this right first time before all the kitchen units go in! :)

Thanks
Marc

Last edited by a moderator:
If your waste pipe for your sink discharges into a outside gully, I would drill a new hole through the wall and run the new waste for your dishwasher external to gully.

If your waste pipe for your sink discharges into a outside gully, I would drill a new hole through the wall and run the new waste for your dishwasher external to gully.

Thanks for your response. Just one question. Why would you create a new hole instead of connecting it to the existing waste pipe that goes outside?

Thanks
Marc

You stated that it is 2.5mtrs away, is it behind units, etc..?

Why not just run it with its own outlet.!
Less chance of blockages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing waste for a dishwasher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock