Search the forum,

Discuss Please help with removing screw from bathroom tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I am trying to replace the flow cartridge in the bathroom tap. I have turned off the water and removed the tap cover but cannot get the screw to turn. The screw looks to be some variation on a philips screw, i have tried different screw drivers but to no avail I have attached a picture, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    525.3 KB · Views: 31
Looks like a pozi drive and probably a no.2 although hard to guage the size from the photo. You should be able to get a selection of pozi bits fairly cheap from somewhere like screwfix. You won't be able to get a decent purchase on it with a philips bit.

Taps are often held on with Philips rather than Pozi, and using a Pozi will chew it. A bit strange but true. Have you got some real Philips bits or screwdriver of right size? (Soak it with WD40 as above first).

Cheers,
Roy

Reply to Please help with removing screw from bathroom tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I hope someone might be able to help please. I hope this isn't a daft question. I am trying to remove the side panels on my radiator to get in to clean it, but they seem to be secured by a small screw underneath (on the valve housing). Can someone please advise me if I can just...
Replies
Views
Help / advice please? I have attached pics I want to fit a new basin tap. The new tap came with flexible hose. Q1. Pic 1 - the fitting into the tap is recessed - how do I screw in the hose tight enough to 'fit' ? Q2. Pic 2 - shows the current hose fitted to the copper pipe and clearly the new...
Replies
Views
Have a sink basin tap photo attached and need to replace the heads as behind they have cracked. Any idea where I can get replacement tap head covers only need to change the tap head covers really Problem is the old tap head covers wont turn! Any ideas please? Thanks
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello I have a Franke Planar Kitchen tap and it’s got a leak. One drop per minute. I’ve been on YouTube and seen that there are grub screws to remove, first for the handle, then once that is off the square piece between the handle and the tap body to get the cartridge for replacement. I have...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock