Discuss One and a quarter BSP pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I need a small bend on a pipe, I still call it a "skip kick". Because, when I was an apprentice, the old guy in the firm didn't know how to use the hydraulic bender. So we caught him using the loading eyes on a skip to put a small bend in a 6m length of inch and a quarter steel. Can still picture the poor guy hanging from it o_O

Thanks!

I was wondering whether to change the pipe to 28mm copper? There isn't too much of the 1 1/4 steel pipe before it reduces down anyway. I think it is usual nowadays to even use 22mm pipe and reducing down to 15mm pipe for feeding a couple of radiators.
Any feedback would be very welcome. I really want to do the work myself as French plumbers are very difficult to pin down to come and do the job and are also very expensive - due to the French tax system!

Thanks

Andy

copper to iron adaptors would be my advice bud and run the rest in copper it will be easier for you . cheers kop

28 or 35mm will be fine

Thanks, I will use some 35mm up to branching off from the log burner and then some 28mm and then down to 22mm.

Why down to 22mm ?

Is this Gravity or pumped?

And to the O.P you may have to face the Guillotine if the French catch you avoiding their tax system.

They're going to loose enough free handouts from us (via the E.U) soon, so they need to hang on to everything they can get.

Is this Gravity or pumped?

And to the O.P you may have to face the Guillotine if the French catch you avoiding their tax system.

They're going to loose enough free handouts from us (via the E.U) soon, so they need to hang on to everything they can get.

Pumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to One and a quarter BSP pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi All I found this forum quite by chance this afternoon whilst looking for an answer to a plumbing question that I have following a rebuild of...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I bought my house last year and recently had a couple of radiators swapped for modern triple columns. Since they were installed they...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock