Discuss One and a quarter BSP pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Just joined the forum.

I have a large log burner which has one and a quarter inch BSP fittings.

I wish to change the layout of the pipes after removing an old oil boiler. The pipework is rock solid in the fittings and even using a Stilson with a length of scaffold pole attached won't shift them.
I have tried heating them up but it makes no difference.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks

Andy

More heat normally 24-36" stils

2 hammers, 1 each side, on the fitting if you can get to it.
Hammer one side use the other to counter the blow.
It'll crack the seal.

Works on pipes, nuts and bolts etc.

2 hammers, 1 each side, on the fitting if you can get to it.
Hammer one side use the other to counter the blow.
It'll crack the seal.

Works on pipes, nuts and bolts etc.

Only thing is you have to watch if you want to reuse the fittings it can ovel the end

Another question,

The pipe outlets from the boiler are not at 45 degrees so 45 degree elbows are of no use. The pipe needs to be bent. How do you do that with steel pipe? 28mm copper is tough. I would prefer to finish the job myself but may have to get a plumber to re-attach the pipework in the new layout. Hard to get a plumber here in rural France though!

Depends how much if you haven't got a bender I've used a wall and a lamp post before now :D

or 4 x 45 degree male x females if you have room to get any angle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to One and a quarter BSP pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi All I found this forum quite by chance this afternoon whilst looking for an answer to a plumbing question that I have following a rebuild of...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I bought my house last year and recently had a couple of radiators swapped for modern triple columns. Since they were installed they...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock