Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss no water at hot taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

R.Oak

Hey guys, im struggling to work out an issue a customer is reporting on her hot water system.

It is gravity fed HWS.

She has rung me a couple of times to say there is no water coming out of her hot taps. Each time she rings me before i get there to say its working again. Today I went down take a look anyway. The roof tank is filling fine, from what she said I dont think there is enough demand from the familys use to drain it fully.

I guess it is airlocking and then clearing before i get there every time. There has been no plumbing work done recently, the system has worked fine for years so i am scratching my head as to what may be causing it.

could do with some advice for next time it happens. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Rich

strip and clean the ballvalve even a little bit of dirt in the orifice makes a big difference to the fill rate if that doesnt work some times another ball valve or a 3/4 one will be enough to keep up

What capacity tank?
What pressure like (mains)
What size ballcock.
Check pipe runs in attics for dips from someone walking over them.

no sure on ltrs but its a big one, like the size of a bath. Mains pressure feeding the tank is good, and it appears to be filling fine. the outlet from the tank is 22mm copper and looks fine.

On inspection it all looks good up there, but i cant think of any other reason why the system would airlock of its own accord?

Do they have a pumped shower in bathroom r ensuite. 1 of them can empty a tank fast especially if they have any teens that like enjoying their 15 min showers. If they do run it for say 5 mins to see what effect it has on water level in tank

Do they have a pumped shower in bathroom r ensuite. 1 of them can empty a tank fast especially if they have any teens that like enjoying their 15 min showers. If they do run it for say 5 mins to see what effect it has on water level in tank

Yes, they have a shower pump and two teenage girls who are apparently always in the shower. Thanks man i shall take a look

Thank gawd this is in the Arms! You all had me worried then.

Anyway....

needpics.gif

Thats just wrong

Ah lads that's just wrong. I'm damaged after seeing that picture. Nightmares tonight

Definately built for comfort and not speed ......regards Turnpin:wazzzup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no water at hot taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Hi wonder if anyone could help? I have a customer that has recently had backflow problems with her cylinder. She gets very hot water coming...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock