Discuss no hot water or heating - Please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gt67

Hi,

Got home from work today to find that we have no hot water or heating.

The boiler is an Ideal Classic and I cant get the pilot light to fire up and I have noticed that the pressure dial below the boiler is showing 0bar. Does this mean that no water is getting to the boiler and the pilot light will not start as a safety precaution?

Any ideas what I can try to get it sorted? Can I use the immersion heater for the hot water?

Thanks for any help

Graham

ajs heating - many thanks for the quick reply.

I will check and try what you said.

Cheers,

Graham

Turns out it is a sealed system and all I needed to do was re-fill it with water, bleed the rads and then refill to 1.5 bar and it started working.

At least I have learnt something :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no hot water or heating - Please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock