Search the forum,

Discuss no fused spur on boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokecity

Gas Engineer
There is no fused spur next to combi boiler, i assume the boiler, clock and stat are wired to a wiring centre then straight to consumer unit, is this correct?? thanks

Where does the wire from the boiler go to?

Is it a conversion of an older system? Have a look in the airing cupboard for the power.

there was a water heater before, have traced the wires as far as i can without moving the furniture, they dissapear under floor boards

if cable goes under floor boards, that sugests boiler is upstairs. Or it can be ground floor floor?
If boiler is upstairs, have a look in the kitchen, sounds like the used the old power supply to water heater/cylinder supply

Switch circuits off and you'll find what its part of. Probably a well hidden plug.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Is it flex that you see going to boiler, or twin and earth flat cable?
A photo would be good, can see what is what to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
check electrical consumer unit ! have worked in few jobs where boiler was taking direct to consumer unit

Not unusual that along with the fridge.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

my boiler is wired back to the airing cupboard and connected into the honeywell wiring centre with a fused spur powering everything through the wiring centre.

The reason i asked if it was an upgrade, was the last one i seen as described , was wired to the cooker point, that they pinched from the old cylinder feed from the airing cupboard. Lol

there is a mcb labelled up as boiler, with water heater crossed out, i thought it must go straight to consumer but shoudnt it have a 3amp fuse?

my boiler is wired back to the airing cupboard and connected into the honeywell wiring centre with a fused spur powering everything through the wiring centre.

Does that mean you have to go to airing cupboard to isolate boiler to work on it?

The original poster is having a problem locating a fused spur for his combi boiler. You are talking about a system boiler that you have. Well, you should know better. All boilers should be able to be isolated for the user and the repairer at boiler point, even if it is being fed via a center in an airing cupboard. This would be good practice for all. Dont you think?

there is a mcb labelled up as boiler, with water heater crossed out, i thought it must go straight to consumer but shoudnt it have a 3amp fuse?
Every appliance should have a means of direct electrical isolation. Boiler should also be protected by 3 AMP fuse (or 5 AMP for a select few).
This should be upgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no fused spur on boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock