Discuss Newbie help - water UFH Anti cycle with Valiant ecotech 831 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm Kash and im new here - looking for some advice/help.

I'm sorry that my first post is one seeking help and not a general hello!

I'm not too clued up so thought i'd post on here to get some feedback. I've used the search function and tried a few things but it hasn't seem to have done the trick.

I've just had a wet underfloor heating system installed by my builder who refurbished our extension and kitchen. I have questions around the boiler entering anti cycle mode every 5-10 minutes as I'm not sure if this is normal function or not (didn't do this before UFH was installed)

I have the following equipment/setup

Valiant Ecotec 831 boiler
Hive thermostat for central heating
Digital thermostat for UFH
Emetti UFH Manifold & actuators
Reliance zone valve
8 radiators of various sizes
kitchen UFH with a tile finish

The UFH and central work independently of each other.

When the UFH is on, it boiler runs for several minutes before it enters anti cycle mode for several minutes and the process repeats.

I've done a factor reset, tried setting the heating flow temp to various temps and tried adjusting other settings but still not sure as the issue persists.

Partial load is set to Auto (d0)
overrun time is set to 15 mins (d1)
Anti cycle time is set to 20 mins (default - d3)
Heating flow/return - set to flow (d17)
Pump operating mode - ECO (d18)
Heating flow temp - 55 degrees (d71)
DHW temp - 65 degrees
Comfort mode - OFF

The thermostat on the UFH manifold/pump is set to 65 degrees and the other knob on the pump is set to 5.

What further info can I provide to get some help?

Can anyone explain from what I've said as to why this may be happening and what settings can/should I change, and to what values should they be set?

Its a medium size 3bed house.

The zone valve is connect to the central heating flow pipe (if thats any useful info)

Drop anti cycling to 5 min . I would run the heating temp higher too.

When you say he CH and UFH work independently of each other, I take it you can just run the boiler to do the UFH? Does it happen when running the CH as well? I think the boiler trying to cope with the small UFH load might be the problem.

When you say he CH and UFH work independently of each other, I take it you can just run the boiler to do the UFH? Does it happen when running the CH as well? I think the boiler trying to cope with the small UFH load might be the problem.

correct. i can run just the UFH without the rads gettting hot.

I havent actually tried to be honest as its at my parents house -- ill check.

What if it only happens with only UFH? any ideas or solutions?
What if its with both UFH and central heating?

Update: only happens when UFH is on. or when both UHF and central heating is on. Does not happen when just central heating is on.

This means the UHF is causing it.

Suggestions?

I went round to my parents today and set the anti cycle time to 5 mins, and set output to max + heating flow temp to 76 degrees.

I also set the thermostat on the UFH mixer to max (70degrees).

It takes about 5/6 minutes for the boiler to go into anti cycle mode.

Is there anyone that's willing to come out and help, or can anyone be recmommneded? Based in southall- Ub1

I went round to my parents today and set the anti cycle time to 5 mins, and set output to max + heating flow temp to 76 degrees.

I also set the thermostat on the UFH mixer to max (70degrees).

Do not leave it set this high, the max for that type of floor is around 50deg C

1. you could burn your bare feet (or cook a baby if it was left on the floor)

2. you can damage the floor / furniture

Do not leave it set this high, the max for that type of floor is around 50deg C

1. you could burn your bare feet (or cook a baby if it was left on the floor)

2. you can damage the floor / furniture

But the digital thermostat is set to 25 degrees so would turn off before it got to that temp?

But ok will turn it down until I can get someone to look at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Newbie help - water UFH Anti cycle with Valiant ecotech 831 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
We moved into our flat over the summer and haven’t really used the heating much and no guides or anything we left so really don’t understand how...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have an issue with my Ideal Logic+ System S24 boiler which I hope someone can help with. Below is as much detail as I can think of. The...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock