Search the forum,

Discuss need some advice regarding boiler/immersion tank - please help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nbatts

hello all,

I have a bit of a unique situation so I was wondering if anyone could give me their professional opinion. I recently finished a tenancy at a rented home. At the beginning of the tenancy, the immersion tank broke but was never repaired. From my understanding the immersion tank was then switched off by the landlord and the water was being heated by the gas or the electric in the morning. As part of my contract we had a cap on how much money we could spend on bills and anything over would be taken out of our deposit. Now at the end of the tenancy the bills have come back from the landlord and they are extremely high, meaning we are being charged for it.

My main question is, if the immersion tank was turned off, would this cause the bills to be high?
I'm sorry that this might not make sense but I have no idea how heating or boilers work so would just like some general advice really.

Thank you!

welcome to the forum.
your description is a bit unclear as to what broke and what was heating the water??

an immersion heater is not an economical way of heating the water cylinder
if its on economy 7 maybe thats better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to need some advice regarding boiler/immersion tank - please help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock