Search the forum,

Discuss need some advice regarding boiler/immersion tank - please help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nbatts

hello all,

I have a bit of a unique situation so I was wondering if anyone could give me their professional opinion. I recently finished a tenancy at a rented home. At the beginning of the tenancy, the immersion tank broke but was never repaired. From my understanding the immersion tank was then switched off by the landlord and the water was being heated by the gas or the electric in the morning. As part of my contract we had a cap on how much money we could spend on bills and anything over would be taken out of our deposit. Now at the end of the tenancy the bills have come back from the landlord and they are extremely high, meaning we are being charged for it.

My main question is, if the immersion tank was turned off, would this cause the bills to be high?
I'm sorry that this might not make sense but I have no idea how heating or boilers work so would just like some general advice really.

Thank you!

welcome to the forum.
your description is a bit unclear as to what broke and what was heating the water??

an immersion heater is not an economical way of heating the water cylinder
if its on economy 7 maybe thats better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to need some advice regarding boiler/immersion tank - please help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore. In view of the age of the boiler and...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat. My flat kitchen and bathroom was always on mains supply (no tank supply at all) and the rest of the 5 flats were mains supply to kitchen and water...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank. I'm on well water and have a water softener and two whole house filters for my water. Three days ago I found my high pressure relief valve tripped...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have looked at similar posts but not seen exactly what I'm after ... unvented Gledhill 200l fitted a few months ago. A few weeks after and since most times when we turn on hot water tap in the morning there is a long groaning sound (I have a recording if it helps). Have contacted...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock