Discuss Minimum Water Pressure / Flow Rate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Masey

Gas Engineer
Iv been called back to the same property several times in the last 6 for the same problem. The tenant is complaining her water pressure is very poor. So this time i decided to do a proper test and found a Pressure of just under 2bar and a flow rate on the kitchen cold tap of 15Litres per minute. The main problem is when 2 or more appliances are trying to run at the same time. ie shower / washing machine.

Anyone know the minimum legal requirements?

You will find this is the same in all houses even if there's 20l per min, when you open 2 taps it will give roughly 10l to each tap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol tell me about it! Nothing you can do just tell them that's how it is and you won't be re visiting.

tell them to call water company let them tell them they will not get any more pressure or flow

Or quote them for a new incoming water main, LOL, they may not be quite so keen on calling you back then!

I would try and sell them the grunfos mains water booster pump - its wras approved and on here somewhere............. centralheatking

yes that pump is upto 12lpm, anything above must have a break tank.

as mike said its normally 0.9bar and a very low flow and thats at the stop tap at the roadside i believe.

is it a combi boiler fitted?

what you could consider doing its fitting flow restrictors at the outlets to help even the flow rates maybe. they would be better of with a open vented hot water system i guess if its such an issue for them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Minimum Water Pressure / Flow Rate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was looking into a problem with flow rate in my bathroom. A bit confused with how flow rate, water pressure, pipe length, and difference in...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to find matt black wall or deck mounted bath mixer taps with 3/4 fitting that work on 0.2 bar. From tank to tap, I...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock