Search the forum,

Discuss Maltman in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maltman

Recomended an ecoMax 613/2 to a customer that was reduced to £150 at City Plumbing .Went to fit it today and took out an old Baxi system boiler balanced flue bricked up the hole in the snow but reading the instructions it says its a sealed system with 3bar PRV and pumped.
The cylinder is on 2 two port motorised valves and of coarse pump with expansion pipe up to the CH header .
I am mainly a gas engineer repairing these things every day and been doing so for 40 years .
Do I just plumb out the pump by the cylinder or do I have to close off the system and fit a fill loop :confused:
Maltman

Yes you need to remove the old pump also you wont need the expansion tank or open vent or cold feed, rewiring will be reqd too, the 613/2E has a built in expansion vessel, pump, auto air vent and pressure releif valve.
Good luck, Martin.

its a good idea not to use your name in the topic title on this forum, thanks.
we have had one or two before, aherm.

Installed up and running chopped the expansion attached the double non return and T into cold supply for cold supply attached a pressure gauge on the old cold feed But what the hell has the boiler got a hot and ch thermostat for.
Thanks for your help
Maltman

Yip Vaillant do this on a lot of their bilers, the top (water) control knob does nothing on the system boiler but the use the same control unit & boiler casing as the 824/2E combi model, there should be a sticker to attach.
Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Maltman in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock