Search the forum,

Discuss Magnacleanse flushing vs. other systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M.Joshi

I've been advised by Adey that the Magnacleanse flushing system is suitable for all systems even ones with older pipework.

Can someone confirm if this is the case? Is the Magnacleanse less harsher than the likes of Kamco and Fernox flushing systems?

I can't seem to easily find anyone in NW-London who does the Adey Magnacleanse flush though!

The magnacleanse system does not use a pump. It relies on the system pump. You fit a magnaclean on the return as close to the boiler as possible and then connect the magnacleanse unit to the magnaclean isolating valves. You then run the system and isolate all the rads bar one and use the vibraclean on the one radiator to loosen any mmuck and sludge in the rad. This is repeated on every radiator in the system.

I've found it to be very effective.

sludge by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

Looks good, I am now considering this over the Kamco powerflusher. Whats the going price for the magnacleanse new?

Should be somewhere under ÂŁ300 plus VAT.

Cheers mike, with a kamco CF90 around ÂŁ1200.00, the magnacleanse seems a real alternative.

Any bad points about the magnacleanse? Those results look good though to be fair.

So far I've been more than happy with the results I've got. The fact that I walk away and leave a magnaclean continuing to protect the boiler and I can still do the whole thing cheaper than a powerflush.

Magnacleanse works well and you leave Magnaclean connected to the system for future protection as Mike said. However I would just pointed out one thing you could find difficult and that is system with small size pipework which you could find little difficult to clean so it could take more time than using powerflush machine with reversing in flow. But adding acid should do the trick if you get stuck ;) I've got myself one as personally like its results. Cheapest I've found incl vibrahead was ÂŁ400 inc VAT.

Just treated myself to a Magnacleanse unit and was wondering what SDS drill you use for the vibraclean, I guess a cordless would be more convenient.

ETA: plumbase are doing them for ÂŁ360 including a magnaclean mini at the moment

i'd imagine you can use any sds drill with hammer action, my battery sds is just as powerful as my 240v

I dont have the magnacleanse but i have a hitachi battery sds and dewalt 240v, never use the dewalt

Excellent, I was looking at the Hitachi, good to hear some feedback about it. I have the 6.5kg Hitachi and had no problems with it (though may be a bit on the large side for this application!)

24v sds i have, got it for ÂŁ200 reduced from ÂŁ300. Its not the best but its served me well, so far...

Here's a thought - could you use one of those small (mouse) sanders instead to agitate the magnetite in the radiator? Replace the sandpaper with a soft pad.

i would prob just use a rubber mallet, those adey thingys are a bit pricey lol

The vibraclean is a lot more effective than a rubber mallet though. First job I used it on was because the rubber mallet trick had failed completely. I had all rads in the house cold over 2/3 of their surface area. Taking them out and flushing outside was not a good solution as none were under 2.4m in length and there were 2 3600 x 600 double panel rads. 2 men would have struggled with it empty but half full of sludge it was a non no.

Took me a while but I got every rad in the house hot from top to bottom with the vibraclean. A word of warning though, don't use one with a hang over.

I've got a 36v Bosch SDS that I use it with although any SDS with rotary stop will do the trick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

here is my input i have used my magnaclease with and with out a powerflush,

Reason with out is because plastic pipe etc, but for better results use with a powerflush machine amazing results, and the viba hammer works a treat, Am doing one tomorrow with the power flusher so i will out results up for you.

I did one on my mates system which was clear, and the magnets still picked up a wee bit of stuff,

If you need any information about them just ask

Pic with powerflusher

i use a second hand norstrum powerflushing machine along with my magnacleanse total cost ÂŁ700.00 never had a problem and the magnacleanse is fantastic they dont half pull some muck especially when using the vibraclean i use an erbauer 24v sds. too be honest it's crap for drilling but good for using the vibraclean

I can agree with all the people rating the magnacleanse machine, I think its realy good, well impressed with it, I paid 420 icluding vibraclean and attatchment to magnaclean of auction site.

Only thing I dont like is its a pig to clean the sludge off the magnets when done as they are so strong, wondering why they dont make plastic covers to go over the magnets for easy cleaning like the normal magnaclean filters. Perhaps it effects the performance.

julesverne funny thats what i have been using the best results is using heat either from the boiler of norstorm heater,

MY pal thought it would be cool to touch each magnet (donut) sludge everywhere, bit of a bugger to clean but works tho

In the pictures above I just put a pair of disposable gloves on and ran my hand down the shaft (ooh er misses) and pushed the sludge off. Leaves a wee bit on but gets rid of most of it.

I've been advised by Adey that the Magnacleanse flushing system is suitable for all systems even ones with older pipework.

Can someone confirm if this is the case? Is the Magnacleanse less harsher than the likes of Kamco and Fernox flushing systems?

I can't seem to easily find anyone in NW-London who does the Adey Magnacleanse flush though!
I have a magnacleanse but never use it as its not very good. Also leaks quite a bit.
but what else would you expect from adey.

Well had the magnacleanse for a few weeks now, and I'm quite impressed with it. You can physically see it working in that the hose too the filter can be black and the return pretty much clear, and obviously the muck on the magnets at the end.

I've found it to be a reasonably quick Process depending on the condition of the system, I did a 12 rad system in about 5 hours today (see pics below, there had been a leak on the system and the cust was topping up daily) I had to clean the magnets twice.

I've tried both rubber mallet and also the vibraclean, the vibraclean is defiantely more effective, though extremely loud! I have been using it with my mains sds, and will look into getting a battery powered one in the near future as it would speed up the job somewhat.

Things that could be better, a plastic sheaf on the magnets would make cleaning a lot Easier, longer hoses would be nice as would a better way of storing them (I must look for a bag) the case for the magnaclean keeps opening itself in my van I resorted to a luggage strap in the end.

All in all am very pleased, would be interested to try it in conjunction with a powerflush machine, but that's for the future.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336759139.573176.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336759152.551009.jpg

I got a fernox flushing filter and I personally think its a lot better than the magnaclean one,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magnacleanse flushing vs. other systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there. I have a Cersanit close coupled toilet which as started leaking between the cistern and the bowl when flushed. I've taken the cistern off and this is what I see. I'm assuming the issue is with the silicon gasket (please see attached photos) but can't seem to find a replacement...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have an open vented system with magnaclean filter installed at the return pipe close to boiler. I understand how the magnacleanse cleaning process works for my system but am wondering about flushing it out afterwards. Adey recommend connecting mains pressure with a pressure gauge at...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test, occasionally you get a small leak from the air test typically old cap ends/scratched pipe which shows up easily on the test without having to inspect anything...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock