Search the forum,

Discuss Looking to replace my programmer and am wondering if you guys can help. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Good morning chaps. I hope you have all had a good busy week.

I am wanting to update the programmer in my house. I currently have a potterton ep3002. Which is out dated now, so am wondering what you guys are installing these days?

I know you can get programmers that fit onto the back plate of the old one. Which might be a good idea, as mine is mounted into the tiles.

I am not scared to attempt to wire in something new though if you guys do have a preference of some programmer that is top notch.

So, i look forward to your advice.

Hope you're all have a chilled weekend.

Cheers

Mutley

You will have to check whether all the controls are wired to the ep. They used to wire them all straight to the programmer, instead of a wiring centre, which might severely limit your choice.

As Alex says the honeywell is good as is the Drayton Lp522

Graham

Any of the EP range will fit the backplate
The EP6002 will allow independant control of hot water and heating

If you go for a different make you'll have to replace / rewire the backplate

Thanks guys, i shall have a look at them all. I do not mind a little bit of wiring. All i would have to do is add a couple of strip connectors for the neutrals and the earths that are wired into the programmer. I think. He he

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking to replace my programmer and am wondering if you guys can help. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm new to this forum and just looking for some advice if someone could please help. I'm trying to fit a Drayton smart heating system and I'm...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Good morning all I hope you are all well? I am after a bit of advice please, I am looking to fit a Drayton LWC1 wiring centre into my boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a really remote part of the Highlands, so paying for a plumber (or electrician?) to do this will be brutally expensive, so I need to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock