Search the forum,

Discuss Drayton smart heating controller/programmer help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. I'm new to this forum and just looking for some advice if someone could please help. I'm trying to fit a Drayton smart heating system and I'm unsure how to wire one of the components which I believe is known as the programmer or controller. There is one that was originally fitted with the boiler which is located in the cupboard underneath the boiler and is wired directly to the boiler. I need to replace this with the programmer from the smart heating kit. It is the part that receives the wireless signal from each of the TRV's and controls the boiler on or off. In the wiring instructions it explains how to fit the programmer to a single, two or three channel system and I'm not sure which I have. I've attached some pictures to this post and would really appreciate if someone could take a look and tell me which system I have and also which cables are which (if at all possible). There are 2 neutral, 2 live, a grey and a black cable. If someone could identify these for me that would be amazing. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• P1120037.JPG
    P1120037.JPG
    375.2 KB · Views: 6
  • P1120090.JPG
    P1120090.JPG
    526.2 KB · Views: 6
Single channel combi boiler

Your stat is an eph combi pack 4

Also it’s really bad to zone your heating system down to each rad as it doesn’t save money as often the walls between rooms arnt insulated so you passively heat the off room via another

Single channel combi boiler

Your stat is an eph combi pack 4

Also it’s really bad to zone your heating system down to each rad as it doesn’t save money as often the walls between rooms arnt insulated so you passively heat the off room via another
Thanks for the reply, when you say it's bad to zone it down to each rad. Are you saying that is what I'll be doing by fitting the smart heating?

Yes bad as your just making the other rads work more / the other rooms will take longer to heat up etc

Only if your installing smart trv heads that you can shut off by your phone / program them etc

Reply to Drayton smart heating controller/programmer help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock