Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for a tight 90 degree internal soil bend ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wanting to move a close coupled WC pan & cistern a couple of feet to the left of its current position.

The plastic soil pipe goes straight back into an internal stone wall (30 inches thick) so there's no chance of moving it. However, the pipe has a plastic collar where it
comes out of the wall so I was considering cutting off the collar bringing the pipe as flush to the wall as possible and then, if available, fixing a tight 90 degree bend
to enable moving the WC the few feet thats needed.

I would then use a 90 degree pan connector horizontally from the pan to the modified soil pipe. The only problem is how far the two 90 degree bends will push the
pan & cistern out from the wall and the resulting gap between the back of the cistern to the wall ! Is there a tight 90 degree bend I could use from the wall ?

Thank you

Jewsons do the tightest 90* 4" soil mate, think its either osma or hunter.
You do know you can cut them down?

Ok, if it's the Polypipe spigot bend you mean, it's solven weld. If I cut the plastic collar off the existing soil pipe to make it flush with the wall
I'll have no way of connecting the solvent weld spigot end to the soil pipe in the wall as both will be the same diameter !

Hope that makes sense.

Sounds like you could need an extension piece, difficult to tell without pics.

I'm afraid I don't currently have access to the property to be able to take a picture. However, it's basically a black soil pipe with the collar exposed (see link below) and the pipe going back horizontally into a wall. The WC pan connector goes straight into the pipe collar as an insert has been inserted to reduce the collars internal dimesion. I'm looking at cutting off the collar as flush to the wall as possible and putting in a tight 90 degree bend to enable the WC to be moved a few feet. The Polypie spigot bend previously suggested is solvent weld and not fix directly to the soil pipe in the wall as the dimensions would be the same. A 90 degree pan connector would probably work but that would then mean using another 90 degree pan connector horizontally from the WC pan which is not a good solution IMO.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/soil-pipe-2m-black/invt/431953/?source=123_74

Last edited:
is the pipe in the wall pvc ? if yes cut flush and chip enough plaste/brick away to allow the socket to slide over the existing and use a coupling to join to it on the other end although depending how far your going a bent flexi may do it

How about using a flexi?
The rubber male end will push into a 4 inch soil pipe nicely.

Thank you for the further posts.

is the pipe in the wall pvc ? if yes cut flush and chip enough plaste/brick away to allow the socket to slide over the existing and use a coupling to join to it on the other end although depending how far your going a bent flexi may do it

Certainly sounds like an option as I'd only need to get into the wall to the depth of the socket. Thank you.

How about using a flexi?

This is another option that is certainly worth considering. Thank you.

I wanted to move the WC about two feet to the left. However, I'll need to check the height of the soil pipe exiting into the wall as, from memory, the centre line was the same height as the WC pan outlet (approx 18cm)
so adding two feet to the pipework would not give enough (any) fall for the waste to clear the pipe.

To solve the height issue I would get an offset multiquick and adaptor coller then fit the 90 degree onto the coller if theres room.

To solve the height issue I would get an offset multiquick and adaptor coller then fit the 90 degree onto the coller if theres room.

Hi Phil, thanks for the post. If I understand correctly, the additional height (fall) will be gained by using the offset. However, I'm not sure what an adaptor collar is. Could you please post a link ? Thanks again.

Damn my search engine settings! Ask Jeeves had just replaced Google on my laptop and when I search Multiquick all I get is the Braun Multiquick hand blender.

the coller is for fitting two pan connectors together but thinking about it, you'll be better using two of these in the 2ft horizonal run tilted to the side.

ae235

Damn my search engine settings! Ask Jeeves had just replaced Google on my laptop and when I search Multiquick all I get is the Braun Multiquick hand blender.

the coller is for fitting two pan connectors together but thinking about it, you'll be better using two of these in the 2ft horizonal run tilted to the side.
QUOTE]

Ok, now I'm totally confused ! If the centre line height of the soil pipe at the wall is 18mm and the centre line height of the WC pan spigot (two feet away) is also 18mm, how will using two 45 degree single sockets give any additional fall, no matter how they're positioned ?

I can understand that by using an offset pan connector in its lowest position (at the pan) will give some fall along the two feet back to the wall but not the two 45 degree single socket bends.

Thanks again.

Every situation is a bit different, I had a similar one the other week and I used the 45's and rotated them away from the wall to suit. I just get my stock of soil fittings and pan connectors together and cobble something together.

I'm not a plumber but saw a flexible pipe in a friend's house for the first time ever last week.

It was a fairly tight horizontal S bend in exactly the situation described eg move pan about 2 foot to the side.

But I noticed it sagged a bit, and what with the concertinas it looked to me like it could easlily get blocked.

I would be interested in the pros and cons of flexi soil pipes.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about using a flexi?

PLEASE DON'T

I have been to loads of houses with flexis that have split, hate them with a passion.
Don't do it.

I always get too many fittings and try a few different ideas, expensive, but I know it wont ever leak, happy days

Also the flexi's always do block because of all the ridges once you manipulate them to the shape you want

I'm not a plumber but saw a flexible pipe in a friend's house for the first time ever last week.

It was a fairly tight horizontal S bend in exactly the situation described eg move pan about 2 foot to the side.

But I noticed it sagged a bit, and what with the concertinas it looked to me like it could easlily get blocked.

I would be interested in the pros and cons of flexi soil pipes.
[/QUOTE

Pro's they get you home for your tea on time

Cons while you're eating that tea, you get the call to say its blocked/slipped off/ rat chewed through/sagged etc.

I have a couple in the van but only use them if I absolutly have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for a tight 90 degree internal soil bend ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Had a collapsed/cracked collar on the 90deg angled piece that my soil pipe sits in which is leaking water so has needed replacing. Access has been through the outside wall to inside as the soil pipe is internal and boxed in. Now I was expecting the plumber to fit a ‘rest bend’ but a 90 degree...
Replies
Views
hi from Croatia One crazy plumber make many 90° piping for toilets drainage. I need to correct because i am suspicious that this setup can work, especially F1/90T. One toilet is on second floor and must have 180 bend to vertical pipe. Now we have 1m 110mm pipe from toilet into 90° left, than 1m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I’ve got a close coupled toilet wher the waste come out of the back of the toilet then it’s a 90 degree bend to the right where it goes off through the wall. However with the 90 degree pan connector pushed into my soil pipe, the pan connector end isn’t long enough to reach the back of...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
I'm a DIYer and have a problematic toilet setup to fix: The waste pipe was installed too high for waste to flow out from a standard toilet spigot, so I want to install a wall-hung toilet on a frame to get some extra height. To put it where I want it though, I'll need to rotate the bottom...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock