Search the forum,

Discuss Is this pump installed correctly? Pictures keep getting air though the hot water. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone I was wondering if you could help me solve an issue I'm having with air in my hot pipes. I had a positive head pump installed in the airing cupboard as shown in the picture but it would not start without putting the shower head in the bath to increase the pressure. After a month of doing that I changed the pump for a negative head one which has solved that problem but I don't think I'm getting the pressure out of it I should be and it continues to run for about 5 seconds after I have switched off the shower. It's also noiser than I think it should be. I have used all the existing pipe work installed by the plumbers. This morning I read up online to remove air in the system turn to cold and run for 5 mins with the pump off and the same for the hot water. Cold was fine but I noticed air coming through the hot every 4-5 seconds I could hear it working its way through the pipes and coming out of the shower hose which I had put down into the bath. It's only a small bit of air but it seems constant. It did it for the full 5 minutes of running the hot. Should I just keep doing this untill either the air stops or I drain all my hot water to cold and the air stops or will it not stop because I have another underlying problem? Any help would be great fully received.

Attachments

• IMG_20200608_074254.jpg
    IMG_20200608_074254.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 34
No it’s sucking down the vent needs a s flange installing

It will be noisy stick up there On that flimsy shelf vibrating away. Put it on the floor on a 4” concrete block, with a rubber pad on.

It will be noisy stick up there On that flimsy shelf vibrating away. Put it on the floor on a 4” concrete block, with a rubber pad on.
Thanks for the info unfortunately there isn't enough space on the floor in the airing cupboard which is why it had to go on the shelf. I think installing a s flange will solve the issue I have asked my plumber if they can put one in

It's right at the edge of the photo, but does the cable from the immersion heater goes to a 13A plug into a 13A socket? It looks as though the cable isn't even clamped so there is a short section without double insulation.

If so, I'd recommend getting the arrangement sorted out by an electrician. The immersion should be wired into a correctly rated switched fused spur, ideally controlled by a programmer if you intend to use it other than very rarely, e.g. only when the boiler is faulty.

Reply to Is this pump installed correctly? Pictures keep getting air though the hot water. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock