Discuss Is this mounting board normal? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. Just had a new Worcester/Bosch combi boiler installed. It has been fitted onto an external brick wall. However, the boiler has been mounted on what looks like a sheet of plywood that protrudes from the top and sides of the boiler and looks a tad unsightly. I would like to know whether this is normal practice?

As far as I am aware the boiler can be mounted on a combustible surface.
Has the ply wood been used to cover a balanced flue hole? You see that from time to time. I prefer to brick the hole up and make the wall good if possible. A lot depends on price/time etc. Any photo?

Yes that’s normal and good practice from the installer

If you're worried about the visual appearance, just tidy up the bits that show with a couple of coats of white paint and if this is done carefully the finished result will look fine.

Reply to Is this mounting board normal? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, Hopefully someone can throw some light on if this is a real issue or not. I have had this boiler for about 10 years, I noticed just recently...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks I'm wondering anyone here, has any indepth knowledge on the Worcester Heatslave Combi Boiler. This boiler is quite old (2006) but it has...
Replies
Views
Hi I am replacing a previously installed wall mounted toilet with a new one. I checked the positions of the bolts and the outlet and they are in...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock